Chapter 41

This is dedicated to AzorNwafor for your beautiful comments and votes. You put a smile on my face. Thank you.

Jason POV

Coming down from the car, I walk to the house. I can feel the house is different from how I left it and how it use to be. Then I notice there is a jeep park somewhere near the fountain. I wonder who owns the car.

My nanny came out of the house with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Hey big boy. How was your trip?"

"Fine." The first thing that came to my mind was last night at the beach with Laila. "Why are you here? You should be resting."

She wave it off. "Don't worry I'm fine. Common go in. I will go help your mom." I turn back to look at my mother talking to the gateman.

I nod and I walk into the house. The house was booming with laughter and conversations.

"Moyosoreoluwa Jason." I heard the familiar voice of my paternal grandfather. And a smile crept up my face.

I love the old man so much.

He stood up beside his wife and he walk up to me. The man had barely age since the last time I saw him. He is already in his late seventy and he is still agile and handsome. He is just getting smaller and the white hair on his head had spread completely all over his head.

He pull me into a hug and I hug him back.

"How are you son?" He said. "I have miss you so much."

"Miss you too grandpa." I said in his arms.

"Look at my first grandchild. My handsome prince." My grandmother said. And she begin to say me eulogy.

I pull away from my grandfather arm and I went to embrace my grandmother. One of the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Grandma. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine dearest." She let go and she look at me with so much admiration. She pat my hair. "Is this hair not too long?" She asked.

"I love it that way." I told her. She nodded. "So how was your trip with your mom? It should have been nice having her there isn't it?"

"Kind of." I said.

"Jason." Someone called my name.

"Go and greet your aunties."My grandmother said pushing me toward them gently. It's my aunties. My mother sisters to be precise.

I reluctantly walk up to them to say my greetings. I don't like them and they knew it. They are not a fan of me either. I just act along. It's just a tradition that they all visit for some days in a year and that is mostly during the first term mid term break.

"I'm fine. And school is good." I answered my mother immediate younger sister questions with a blank and bored expression. I can see the fake smile on their faces. Including their mother - my maternal grandmother.

I don't like her too. She had always been awkward toward me since I was little. I notice she prefer my mother's sisters children. But I have actually stop caring. I don't care about what they think. So the feeling is mutual.

"Moyo." Someone shouted cheerfully from the dining room. It's my aunt - Aunt Martha. My father immediate sister and my favorite woman after my grandmother. And I smile hearing the name my father's family love to call me - Moyosoreoluwa.

"Stop shouting Martha." My grandmother said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Aunt Martha." I said entering the dinning room. She is in a short gown and her mouth is dancing from chewing from the fried chicken meat in front of her. This is one of the reason she is the fattest woman in the family. She love eating, especially oily food.