¦Chapter 24¦

~ Laila ~

The school had finally resumed. And that excites me a lot. I have to spend a whole month with my aunt at home. Her emotions had changed due to the pregnancy and it was so different and a little annoying. To make the issue was, she had stopped her work at the company. Her fiancé had ask her to stop and surprisingly, he opened a new shop for her.

It wasn't far from where we live and that was the only thing that I enjoyed about the holiday which is leaving the house to somewhere else. The shop was in an open place so I got to come out, get fresh air and meet people rather been stuck inside the small house.

"Are you listening to me at all?" Isabella questioned me.

Her questions woke me from my cloud of thoughts. And I threw an apologetic smile her way.

"Sorry, my mind was somewhere else," I apologized.

"Okay. So what are... Are you thinking about?" She asked quietly. She was trying to make sure that she did not get me angry. Though we'd been friends for a while but she still feels awkward when she talks to me.

I guess she is still not used to talking to someone.

"My aunt," I replied. "She is pregnant and she is acting so funny recently." I told her.

She smiled at the revelation. She seem relieved about it. And I don't know why but I didn't ask either.

"I've heard stories like that."

"Laila," Mathias said coming out of nowhere.

"Hey, you scared the hell out of me." I said to him.

"That's a lie. You weren't scared." He said with a roll of his eyes. I also rolled my lips in, holding back my laughter. I'd been caught. I was only try to pull his legs but he caught right on.

I'm never going to get tired of his ever-cute smile.

He noticed Isabella who was sitting opposite me and he said to her. "Hi."

"Hi." She replied shyly, blushing. And then she looked away from him.

I have noticed that she always does that when Mathias is with us.

It seems Isabella has a crush on Mathias. I wasn't sure and I know Mathias does not know this too.

"Excuse me. I will see you guys later. " Isabella said and I nodded as I watched her stands to her feet and pick up her book. She waved at me, glanced at Mathias who waved back and then hurriedly walk away.

"It's still surprising that Isabella talks to you. To anyone." Mathias said when she was out of sight. I shrugged. "So how was your holiday and your aunt?" He asked smiling. I know he was suppressing a laugh.

He knew about my aunt's pregnancy and her mood swing. I told him on one of our calls during the holiday.

I huffed as I nudged him on the arm and he burst into laughter. And I joined him in laughing.

"Don't worry, it will end pretty soon." He assures me.

I nodded. "I hope so. So how was your holiday?"

"Well, my girlfriend break up with me. She texted me 'i thought I love you but I just realise that I only like you. I want to end the relationship. I'm sorry." He said.

"Really?" I asked a little shocked.

"Yes. I'm not joking." He said looking dead serious and I can tell he wasn't joking.

That's a little too mean. How could someone end a relationship with words like that?

He had been dating the girl for almost seven months. And that had to be how she ends it. I felt like giving the girl a punch. She is lucky that she isn't here. She had hurt my friend's heart.