Chapter 64

Laila POV

I sat staring at an empty space under a tree in a children park somewhere in the estate Mathias lives.

He had came to pick me up without hesitation or questioning. He had pick me up with his car.

No need to ask. Mathias is nineteen so he have a car and he have a driver license.

I wanted him to take me some place away from where I live and he have brought me here. Aside from asking if I was okay when he met me at the bus stop he hadn't said anything to me.

He knew I wanted space and quiet. He let me be in my own thoughts. I don't know how long we've been here - sitting.

He was talking with a guy somewhere in the park and I am grateful he find something to do while waiting for me because I know he won't leave even if I ask him to.

That is the kind of friend he is.

I went back to my thoughts. All the words that my aunt said to me today playing vividly in my head but the one which hurt the most happens to be about her not wanting to tell me about my parents no matter what.

It hurts that she could think about doing that. She don't have strong  enough reasons to do that or any right at all to do so. Her sister won't be happy with her for keeping it from me for so long. Nor will my father.

And thinking about it hurt so much.

Its hurt.

Really do.

I guess this is how you feel when someone you love lie to you.

Still deep in my thoughts that I didn't know when Mathias came to sit beside me.

"Hey Laila are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I'm not trying to complain about the time we've spend here, I'm just worried. You have not said a word other than sit here." He said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. And I am not really in the mood to talk." I said to him.

He look at the children walking past us. "I know. I just kind of like my talking friend better." And I chuckle at that. He chuckles too.

Others might think that what he said is an insult that I talk too much but i don't take it that way.

I know and I admit I am quite a talker and it is who I am and I love it. Most especially now that I know that I take it after my dad.

"And I miss that too." He said and I can tell he is smiling right now.

"At least I now know who I take after with... Talking." I said.

He turn to look at me. "Want to talk about it. I'm all ears."

"I finally ask about my parents." I said. I didn't look at his reaction. Knowing Mathias so well, he knew that was coming. And I guess he had already know. And he remain quiet waiting for me to keep talking.

"And I find out a whole lot of things. Like my father is a professor and a business man. My Mother is an extrovert and had an heart disease. And she died from a weak heart." I said.

Mathias was quiet. He said nothing.

And I continued talking. I told him everything that my aunt told me. He just listened to me all through.

When I was done talking, he asked.

"So how do you feel? I don't think you really are okay? But how do you feel knowing about your mom and dad?" He asked.