Chapter 30

~ Laila ~

I met Mathias in the class when I get to school. When I sit beside him the first thing I notice is his hand. His hand is wrapped with a white band.

"What happen to your hand?" I asked looking concerned at his hand.

He smiles. "It's nothing, Laila." He said.

"What do you mean nothing?" I asked. "Your hand was okay the last time we see on Friday."

"I said I'm fine Laila. I just punch someone who deserves it." He said smiling.

Why does this guy smile at everything? I thought angrily. He takes everything too lightly. I have never known him to be violent. He is a calm person.

So I wonder who get him so angry that he had to blow someone.

"And who is the person that makes you hurt yourself?"

"No one you need to know." He said turning to face his mathematics textbook. He is trying to avoid answering my question. I can't force him to answer questions he doesn't want to answer. If he wants to give me a reply, he would never hesitate so I let it go.

Then the class fell a little quiet. Without looking up I know Jason had entered the class. I notice Mathias look up from his textbook and I look at him and then follow his eyes to whatever he was looking at. He was staring at Jason.

Jason also stood to look at him but I can't tell what he is feeling because his face is expressionless right now.

I was about to turn away because I am still hurt about what he did to me when I notice the mark on his lower lips. I had never seen an injury on his body. His body is always flawless. So it looks strange. I'm sure I am not the only one surprised to see a wound on Jason's face.

Then my brain registered what seem surprising.

Then I look back at Mathias's hand and then Jason burst lip. Now I know who he punched.

Mathias was the one who punched Jason.

Mathias punches Jason!

Mathias of all people punches Jason in the face.

That's impossible!

It's can't be.

Mathias is not so bold to make such a move. But the way they glare at each other, it's proves it is true.

Why will Mathias do such a thing? What gave him the courage? And also what did Jason do to deserve a blow from Mathias?

After Jason had gone to his seat. I stay quietly wondering what had caused the throwing of blows between the king bully and the quietest boy in the class.

But then I notice Jason had done nothing to Mathias. Except for his bandage hand, he isn't hurt in any other part of his body and Jason also seems fine.

"What happened between you and Jason?" I asked quietly so the girl sitting next to me won't hear of it.

His eyes grew wide open. He turns to look at me.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"That's not what I ask. What happened?"

"Nothing. It's between the both of us." He said and he turn back to his book. I sigh angrily. He is not going to talk anymore.

I shake my head frustrated.

****

The third term mid-term break had started and it is almost over it is a relief to everyone, myself included.