Chapter 43

These chapter is dedicated to all you readers. Thanks for the love.

Laila POV

I spend most of my mid term break with my aunt in her shop. To be honest, It is fun in it's own way and I learn more about her shoe and bag business.

I sat watching movie on my Laptop when a tall and slightly huge woman came into the shop. She look like a very respectable woman. I stood up to attend to her since my aunt is not in shop.

"Good morning ma. How can I help you?" I said to her.

She stood staring at me for quite some time saying nothing.

"Ma." I said to wake her up from whatever she is thinking.

She quickly apologized but she was still staring at me.

"Sorry dear. Please don't mind me. I saw your bags so I decided to check them out. I'm a lover of bags." She said with a beautiful smile and a very fluent English.

I smile. "That's good to know ma. Here." I direct her toward where the bags are been displayed.

"These are our latest shipment. By tomorrow another will be arriving." I said and I told her the qualities of each bags and the features. I have a feeling that she is half listening and watching but never the less, I keep on with my advisement just like I am taught.

" Sorry dear, have we meet before? " She asked suddenly. I look at her. She is a beautiful woman and there is some thing about her but I know very well that I haven't seen her before

"I don't think so ma." I replied. "Maybe you've seen me somewhere or met someone that look like me. You know people are two..... doppelganger." I said and I chuckles lightly.

She nods in agreement. "Maybe. You look like someone but I can't pinpoint where I know the person or who it is."

"No problem ma." I said.

"Laila. Laila." I heard my aunt voice and her footsteps up the stairs. She must had come back.

"Ma." I answered from where I stood. I can't leave the customer.

Then she appears at the door.

"Okay. You are with a customer. Good morning oh." She greeted the woman whose back was to her. The woman turn around as she replies my aunt.

My aunty suddenly look pale and shock was written all over her face.

"Judith." The woman called her name.

She knows my aunty that is why my aunty look shock. Aunt Judith look from the woman to me and when she noticed I was watching she quickly act normal.

"Long time Mrs Badmus." My aunt said. "Give me a minute ma." She said with a strain smile. "Laila go and get me new clothes for Ore and my cheque book at home."

I nodded. I notice the woman named Mrs Badmus turn to look at me with surprise when Aunt Judith call my name.

I don't know why my aunty need new clothes for my cousin because he have enough to change into here in shop. But I remain quiet and I did as she told me. I pick up my phone and i close my Laptop before walking out of the shop.

"Is that..." I heard the woman said as I descend the stairs.

Later that night, I overheard my aunt and her husband arguing. It's not like they don't argue some times but this one seems intense.

With the way Uncle Femi is talking, I can tell he is very angry. And this time unlike most time, he is not agreeing to what my aunt is saying.

I hope they settle whatever is going on between them. I hate when the house is tense. It make it look awkward and boring.