Chapter 35

~ Jason ~

I watch as some primary school students were playing basketball in the court. They were little but they play so well. A man sat on the bleacher watching them and giving them order. He give strict warning to some of the students who play foul.

I admire them. I never got the opportunity to play like this when I was their age . I smile watching them.

A boy ran toward me bouncing the ball.

"Hey senior. Do you like basketball?" He asked.

I shrug.

Then he asked again. "Can you play basketball?" He asked.

"A little." I replied. I didn't know why I said that but I am also curious.

"Hey guys, he can play." The boy shouted to his mates. Some of them came running toward us.

"Join us senior." Two of the boys said.

"What about your coach?" I asked.

They laugh giving each other an high five.

"He won't be around for some time. He had gone to see Miss Shayo." The first boy said and the others laugh.

I don't need to ask more questions to know what they meant. These kids are wiser than their age.

"So come along." They urge.

I nod and I walk down the bleachers to join the boys without having a second thought. The boy with the  basketball threw the basketball at me.

I catch it and he nod at me. I pick my team and my opponent is the group captain and few of the others.

I start by dribbling and running toward the post. I pass the ball to my team mate. And we begin to play.

"Yeah." The thin tall boy that is in my team said beside me when i scored. He raise his hand for a high five and I hit his hand earning a grin from him. The others came to jump on me.

I don't usually let people touch me but I let them and I realize I didn't get irritated like I used to when people touch me. I also felt their joy.

I leave for the bleachers. As I took a seat, two young girls wearing the school track suit came toward me.

"I think you will need this." They said stretching a towel toward me. The towel is small but it is clean. I look at the field and other girls in the same track suit are handling the boys towels to clean their faces and bottles of water.

"Yes. Thanks." I said taking it from the girl. They look at each other and giggles.

I roll my eyes inwardly. Girls are always girls. I thought.

"You are welcome." They said in a sing song tone. I give a small smile as a reply and they grin before running away to their pair group.

I am still wiping the sweat from my face when I heard some one clapping from above the bleachers. I turn back to see Mathias coming toward me. I sigh and look away.

He took a seat beside me. And he stare at the group of children walking away with their coach at their back.

"I was passing by when I saw you playing with the children. I never knew you were so good at basketball. Why did you not join the school team?" He raise his hand as if to stop me from saying any thing. "Because you are Jason."

"But bro that was a good performance." He commented.

"Why are you even talking to me?" I asked him. We have never sit down together or talk to each other before since we have been class mate.