Chapter 44

Jason POV

I have missed seeing someone face. Throughout the holiday, I can't keep my mind of her. I have never been so anxious to go to school. Even Christian didn't fail to notice it. He keep pondering me about my mood.

I had to go somewhere with my aunties and cousins this morning so I wasn't in school for the first half of the day.

When I arrive at school, I met Christain in the parking lot with two junior female students. He said something to one of them and kiss her on the cheek before they walk away.

He looks at me with a knowing look and I couldn't help but to smile.

"If I knew what makes you so happy and lightheaded, i swear to God i will worship that thing or person night and day." He said approaching me.

"Why do you think it has to do with some one or some thing." I asked.

"Because it is the first time that you ever come back from the memorial with your family and still smile. And when I say it has never happened... I mean ever." Christain said.

I shrug him off because I know it is the truth.

"So what are you doing with the Library prefect." I asked as we walk toward the school main building.

He smile. "Trying to avoid the topic but I will leave it. Well Theresa is my new bae."

"Don't you ever get tired." I said. He just smirk.

"Jay." Someone shouted.

It's my friends.

"Jason." My friend chorused again as they approached us.

Christain shake hands with them and I also did the same.

"What's wrong?" George asked Christain in a whisper but we could all hear him.

"You mean the smile and the happy mood?" Christain asked him.

"Wait oh. That's true. You are coming from the memorial right?" Obinna asked.

I give him no reply.

"Mumu You are still asking dumb ass question. It's today na. Do you see him in school since morning?" Favour asked. And Obinna hit the back of his head.

"So I'm mumu."

"You don't know." He said with a silly smile.

The both of them keep rambling on and on and we watch them as they insult each other and playfully hit each other.

"These two will eventually kill themselves before leaving Greater Height." Saheed said.

"So why the good mood?" Saheed asked.

"You don't like this part of me?" I asked.

"No no no it's not like that. This is very unusual." Obinna said.

"I said the same thing." Christain said.

"So chris do you know the secret to this?" George asked holding up a laugh. And not just only him. So do the others.

"I'm thinking it's a girl." Christain said and i smack his arm.

"whooooooh." They all exclaimed.

"Are guys serious? Did I mention a girl?" I said shaking my head.

"It's a girl." Saheed and George said hitting their feet on the ground with so much joy.

I am speechless. I don't know what to say to all this. They hardly have anything to talk about me and I am sure it is fun and surprising that I am finally opening up to them.