¦Chapter 21¦

Jason POV

I was angry after talking to my mother when I get to school. She just ruin my mood. She didn't try calling back after then. I went to the classroom to sit. Some students began to troop in after some time in the room which didn't make it any more convenient and private for me.

I went to my usual spot - the old music room and fortunately no one was there. I could hear the noise coming from the hall in the room. I didn't go back to the hall for almost all the programme. It wasn't long afterwards that Christian came looking for me. He told me to come to the hall because he will be presenting with his group soon.

So I did.

I follow him back to the hall which was filled with parents, students and teachers. I could feel the anxiousness and excitement around me. I wished that I could be like one of them and feel the same but I wasn't.

It's hard to be happy in my life. There are a lot of things that are happening in my life and they can't make me happy.

I watched as Christian performed and after him was Laila's debate performance. I watched as she displays her talent. The girl is good at talking. She talk with so much confidence and I could see the judges and some of the parents were impressed with her performance. She knows how to get into people.

Maybe that is how she got a scholarship to this school.

After Laila and her colleagues' performance, I left the hall back to my haven. I slept for almost two and a half hours. Grateful, I was able to sleep well.

When I woke up, the sound had reduced and I assumed that the event is over. I got up and picked up my bag and leave for the hall. On my way to the hall, I called Christian to tell him that I was coming to the hall to meet him so he could hurry up with whatever he was doing. It is not like he does anything more important than talking to girls.

I'm certain he will get a lot of new numbers today.

As I approach the hall, a boy with his friends bumps into me. I was ready to let it go since he isn't from my school. He doesn't know the rules and he doesn't know me. I just huff and try to avoid not punching him in the face.

But then the guy stopped and said to me. "Hey, dude. Are you blind or something?"

Is this guy crazy?! He bumped into me - one of the things I hate and he had the gut to ask if I was blind.

"What did you just say?" I huffed.

"You heard me, dumbhead." He said and his friends laugh. "Or had your beauty get into your ears." He smirks when my frown gets deeper. His friend laughed like he had just said something funny. But I just glared at him, pondering the gut of the fool on front of me then his friend pushed me on my shoulder.

Who the hell does he think he is?

How dare he touch me with his filthy hand?

And that seem to touch a spark in my head. I was about to retaliate by punching his face when Christian appears out of nowhere. He quickly came in between us. And he tried pushing the guy back, stopping him from getting closer to me.

It was the best thing because I swear that I was going to ruin his face if I manage to come closer to him.

Christian whispered some quiet, pleading words to me which made me stop. But it didn't diminish the scowl on my face. I threw a scowl in the fool direction. Then my friends came to stand at my back.

They also came out of nowhere because I didn't see them coming closer. I suddenly felt their presence behind me.

"What should we do to the idiot?" George who had little patience asked me cracking his knuckles, ready to punch anyone or anything at any given time.