Chapter 50

This chapter is dedicated to all of you who had been reading this book and making me happy. Thank you. God bless you.

LAILA POV

This is the beginning of another term. A new term. The last term we have to spend in Greater Height School. This is the term that lead to our finally school examination and the WASSCE, NECO and to some of us JAMB.

This is the last term we get prepare to leave high school, to face the world and to work on our dreams.

This is also the last term we will be spending time together in high school with the people you have always know. The same people that make you angry, sad, hurt, happy, blessed and have a lot of memories with. Those people that make you laugh, cry, smile and shout but they all came together to become a wonderful memory that will be so hard to forget.

And when you start thinking about that, you will wish to go back and correct some thing or just repeat some things.

And then you will realise, all this people you always see, the people you always get angry at, the people that makes you happy, the people that makes you laugh, the people that makes you feel belong and alive, the people that challenge you, the people that hurt you, the people that were a good friend, the people that mock you, the people that compliment you, the people that love you for who you are and those who hate you for who you are, the people that make all the time count. They are the ones that create the memories that can never change or be remade. They are the people that make your high school life fun. They are the people you are going to miss being in high school. They are the people that you are going to miss about being an high schooler.

In two days time, we will be taking our group picture that leaves a memory in the school that we were once part of this great community.

Its all but came so fast. Time flies. In few month time we will be school leaver and most of us will be on our way to the journey that defines our future.

Looking around, I guess this is the time to do what we had in mind, this is the time to create better memories, this is the time to build our future,  this is the chance to leave a good legacy, this is the time to make all those who had cared for us - the teachers, the principal, the school administrative, our friends, our colleagues, our school mates and finally our family - very proud.

This is our chance to make the best last days of high school.

Everyone just entered the class, coming from the assembly ground. The vice principal just announced the international day that will be coming up in a week time - that is next Wednesday. And everyone is talking about it.

I don't know why my class is making a fuss about the international day.

International day in Greater Heights School is a learning activity day. It's like a cultural day but it's an uniform day. The only exceptional that wear other clothes is those participating in one speech or the other. It is the only event in the school that join the primary section of the school with the secondary section. The biggest hall use for main events is usually used.

The event is hosted and sponsored by Parents but parents aren't allowed to come but there can watch it since the event will be broadcast by the school. There will also be food of different cultures like Chinese food, some Korean dishes and Italian food.

Each class in the whole school had to talk about the life, history, culture of another country except Nigeria ofcourse. And the judges - well there are some members of the school board and the senior history teacher will pick the first to the thrid position.