Chapter 58

Jason POV

The next day was a sunday. I woke up early to dress to go to the hospital. Christain decided to come with me. Even my mom had surprised me by coming with me to the hospital driving both I and Christain.

Laila was still the same way I left her last night and nothing seems to change. The IV was still passed to her body and ghe machine was beeping non stop. It made me a bit worried but I tried not to let my emotions take control and just hope everything will be fine.

Later in the afternoon, most of our class mate began to walk in one's and pairs of two and three. I don't know how they got to know where the hospital was but they were here. They had all came with cards and gifts. Even Mary and few of her friends came to visit. Which to be honest was a bit surprising. I didn't expect this much love from them. Nothing close. And gratefully, I wasn't the only one who was touched by the affection shown by my classmates toward Laila. Her aunt was also moved by their concern.

But Laila did deserve it. She deserved more than that. And our classmates seems to know that too. Laila is nothing more than amazing. In one way or the other she had made a remarkable memory with every one.

****
It's been a while after our classmates came and left. Mathias had also stayed for a while with I and Christain. I was still talking with Mathias when Wole came to meet me at the reception room. His mother had delivered a bouncing baby boy last night not long after I left with my mom.

I was urged by mom to come with her and congratulate the woman. Despite she decided to come with me, it still felt odd. To be honest, I was very nervous even until I got to the room. I have always been a socially awkward person and this type of thing was not something I love doing.

And to heighten the matter, the womam - Wole's mom made it very much awkward. Internally, I was grateful my mother came with me because the woman won't stop crying. How am I supposed to comfort a woman who is crying out of gratitude to what I did for her. But gratefully, my mother was able to handle the situation well because I was totally speechless all through.

What do you expect me to say?

I don't even have a single word in mind. If I had happened to come alone, I swear I would have walked out. It might seem rude but that would have been my only option.

When the crying and the endless appreciation had ended, my mom decided to carry the baby. But I had preferred looking at the little one. I was afraid that I might met the fragile little child fall if I attempt to carry him. So I just watched as my mother smiled and danced around a little with the new born child. Actually, it's my second time of seeing a day old baby. The first time had been when Aunt Mabel gave birth to her second child. And they didn't change. There isn'tuch difference. There was similarity between the two children.

They were small, fragile, pink skin, magical and unbelievable. If I wasn't a science student and a literate, I would have found it questionable how this little one had came out of the womb of its mother.

That's just some of the mystery of God's work which I am not about to question.

Funny enough, the woman decided to name her new born child after me.

"I'm naming him after your son. Without him, I don't know what would have happened to me and my children." She told my mom smiling gratefully.

"That's really sweet Mrs Toku." My mother said with a smile. "So his name is also Jason."

The woman shake her head looking at the little child in my mother's arm.

"Yes ma. His name will be Jason Irewamiri Toku." She replied.