Chapter 60

Laila POV

The house was empty when I entered. It's felt like days since I left the house but it is just some hours past. Then the weight of what I had admit today began to dawn on me.

I drop my bag on one of the arm chairs and sit down tiredly on the chair. Now I am very curious. I don't think I can take it anymore. I need to know so I could free my self from all this unanswered questions.

I don't have any exam tomorrow until next tomorrow when I will be having yoruba language exam. Maybe it is the best time to ask my aunt. I hate to hurt her but I also have to think about myself this time.

If she won't tell me, I better ask.

But I wasn't able to ask her the next day because she had to leave early to go and meet her shipment of goods arriving at the port. I decided to ask for advice from uncle Femi. Whom I'm sure will give me a good and encouraging advice.

Which he did.

"You know Laila, you are right. You need to ask about your parents. It's your right. And I hate the way your aunt keep it from you for so long but you can't blame her either." He said.

I nodded in agreement with him.

"But this is your aunt story to tell, so when she returns don't hesitate to ask. You've been patient enough to wait. I think you are old enough to know about yourself."

"Thanks uncle."

"I'm glad you could confine in me. So don't worry, I have your back." He assured me.

I smile. "Thanks. And I won't."

Now I got a renew kind of motivation and courage. I'm glad some one had my back.

Later that day I received an August visitor. Dr. Mrs Janet Johnson decided to come pay me a visit. She came with another man that I assume is either her body guard or her personal Assistant.

But I will rather go with the latter. Because the man seem friendly and he have a fatherly look on him.

"Do you mind if I come in?" She asked me.

The truth is I was still shock to see her.

More than shock in fact.

Because I don't know how in God name she knows my name, my home and why she personally have to come.

Well maybe her son told her my name but I don't think she will tell him she is coming to visit.

She asked again.

"Laila? If you don't mind we can stay here." She said with a smile.

God! The woman is so beautiful.

She is looking so young.

She is wearing a white turtle neck blouse on a blue pant trouser. And her designer bag....I'm quite sure it cost a fortune.

"Sorry ma. You can come in." I said mustering a smile.

I'm inviting one of the richest black woman into my house. What the hell is this woman thinking for coming over to my home? She could have tell some one to pick me up rather than coming over.

I just hope I have not done something to cause this impromptu visit.

The man at her back look round the house with a studious eyes and then he said. "I will wait in the car Mrs Johnson."

She nodded and he left me with the woman.

The more I look at this woman, the more I see Jason. The resemblance is so obvious.