Chapter 32

~ Laila ~

"Hi." I heard someone said beside me. I look up to see the new boy in the class standing with a big smile on his face.

"Hi." I replied politely.

"My name is Efosa." He introduce himself.

I already know that when the secretary of the V. P admin came to introduce him to the class.

The guy is not so bad. He is average in height almost the same height with me and he smile alot. He also seem friendly because he had make friend with almost everyone in class. The ladies seem to be around him most of the time.

"I'm Laila." I said with a small smile.

He nods "I know." He said.

I roll my eyes inwardly. I know he do and i also know his name so why the unnecessary introduction.

"Eh.... I was thinking if we could be friends." He shrug. "You know....friends."

What so bad in been friends? The way he is acting makes me want to laugh.

"There is no problem in been friends."

"Really?" He asked a little surprise. Maybe he was thinking I might not agree.

"Yes. And it is just friend." I said a little slowly so he could get my point. I can only be friends. Nothing more than that.

"Yeah just friends." He said with a broad smile and he stretch out his hand. I took it and smile at him.

He nods and he walk back to his seat still looking at me.

There is something about the way he look that i don't like but i just wave it off and i turn back to my tab.

I was telling Mathias about my little nephew when I heard someone called my name. I turn around at the same time with Mathias. I notice the look of annoyance on his face when he sighted Efosa among the group of students - mostly the girls and few of his new close friends.

He is wearing his charming smile and he wave at me.

"Laila come and join us." He said pointing to an empty seat next to one of my classmate.

"I'm fine thank you." I said gratefully.

"No common, it will be fun. I can teach you how to play the game. So come and sit." He said.

Although he is friendly and nice but he is becoming quite annoying. He likes to force things. He want me to be like the girls that follow him around. He thinks he can just order me. And it is becoming too often.

I can only be a friendly classmate nothing more than that. Mathias is my  best friend and I can never betray him.

"I can't. I'm going to the library with Mathias." I said touching Mathias hand.

"He won't mind if you skip today. You need to have fun and I'm sure Mathias won't mind. Will you?" He asked Mathias with a smirk on his face.

"I will." Mathias said in a stern tone. The smirk on Efosa face disappeared. He seem he thought Mathias will give in and I am secretly happy that he didn't.

"If you guys don't have important things to do with your free period, we do so excuse us." Mathias said with a killer look on his face which leave Efosa speechless and I taken aback.

Mathias pull my hand. And I gave the small group an innocent smile.

As we leave there, I say Jason staring at me and Mathias. He gave Mathias a look i don't understand but I don't care. I look away.

Jason POV

This new term....should I say it is very boring. It look so unusual....so different. I miss my old ways. It's a life i miss so much and decide to change but I didn't regret anything I did.

It is what make me me. It kind of help me fill the void inside of me. Although I never get what I wanted from it....to know i could actually feel something. Something good. Anything.

But that is the old me. I need to change. Even if I never regret whatever I did, I can't deny the fact that I hurt a lot of people which they still hate me for.

Despite I had tried to be better. That I had stop bullying others, I can still see the hate in the eyes of those that I had hurt. And some others still find me intimidating. They had this look like I might change to my old self again. I might turn. I might hurt them again. And because of that, just a little had change.

I wanted to be better for her. But I already push her away. We haven't talk since the day I said those meanful word to her.

I had been pitiful and I hate myself for what I said to her. But I push her away with my hands and I know she hates me now. And I deserved what ever I am feeling right now. I push her away and now I am the one who is hurting.

But I still want to be better for her. Try to be who she wanted me to be. To live. And I will try to do that.

There is a new biy in the class which is trying to get me angry and frustrated. He always seem to be pestering Laila. He always has this annoying look on his face whenever he is looking at Laila.

He is cool and handsome and all that but he is so damn annoying. I noticed he is the type that love attention. He love to be noticed. Even when the teacher are in class, he try to make them notice him - making some stupid ridiculous comments.

Although he is already getting notice by the teachers and the girls especially. Some teachers find him humorous and easy going, some think of him as rude and some see him as a lousy person. But the girls have good thoughts of him.

He give them the attention other boys in the class don't give to them. He always have something nice to say to each of them. He is a fucking flirt.

Few of the boys find him to be so annoying, getting all the attention of the girls. My friends don't like him. Christain who is also similar to him in character also do not like him. But some boys had become his friends and they are forming a group.

But I guess just like always, Laila is always different.

I can't help but smile at the thought. She never seize to amaze me.

She talk to him on few occasion when he come to sit beside her or when they walk past each other but she doesn't follow him around or giggles the way the others girls behave around him and his newly formed friends.

He can't seem to win her over like he did with the other girls. He is trying so hard to make her become his friend or maybe join the league of cheap fools that gather around him.

But it seem he can't take her away from Isabella and Mathias. Mathias especially.

They are always together. They now sit together and they do almost everything together. Even the boy GP is getting high since he become best friend with Laila.

Their friendship isn't something he could break so easily. Sometimes I also feel envious of him. He get to talk with her, laugh with her and do things with her. But I know there is nothing going on between them than just been friends.

But it is a good one.

*****

Just want to ask - Who is your favorite character in this book? And do you like our new guy Efosa?

Thanks for reading. And please don't forget to vote. It means a lot.

Love you all 💖💖💗❤️❤️❤️.