Chapter 34

Jason POV

I walk out of the bathroom drying off the water in my hair and I met Christian sitting beside my reading table looking at my sketch pads which are neatly arrange on one side of the table. He wasn't in here when I went into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Hey." I said. He look shocked but quickly recover. "Sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay." He said. I walk over to my closet to take new clothes to change into. "It's been a while since I look at your drawings. You are getting very better everyday. There are fantastic."

"Thanks."

"I told you to join the Fine Art club. I don't see any one better than you in that club. Look at those paintings on the canvas. It's so unbelievable." He said marvelling.

"I don't want to. I don't have anything to learn from them." I said taking a white polo and white trousers out from the hanger.

"You can't say. Or you could teach the others what you know." Christain advise. He look at the sketch pad opened before him. "There are amazing."

"Thanks."

How many times do this guy want me to say this? I roll my eyes as I put on my trousers and then my white polo.

"I'm going to the court. Will you like to come along or keep admiring my drawings?" I asked

He threw me a pen. " Don't flatter yourself." He stood up.

I smile. "I'm not." I said. I took the basketball where I usually keep it and I contemplate on taking my headphones. I decide not to take it. I put my phone in my back pocket. And we both walk out of the room.

"Jason, I forget my phone." He said when we get to the staircase.

"Go get it, i will be waiting for you in the court." I said as I continue  walking down the flight of stairs.

"Alright." He replied and went back to my room.

****

He took a while before he returned. We try playing basketball for some time. His younger brother and two of his friends join us after he explain the game to them.

Ebube friends sided with Christian and Ebube, Christian brother sided with me which makes three against two. But my group won. And Christian finally give up.

We went to sit on a bench and thankfully Christian sister brought us water to drink.

"He is so damn good." I overheard one of Ebube friends talking to him.

"Very good." He replied still breathing hard. "That is why I sided with him. He always win my brother. When he is in a good mood like today, he explains the game to me."

The boys turn to my direction but I pretend not to see them.

After the boys have left, I sit alone with Christian who is busy making phone calls with his girlfriend.

"Is that Fikayo? "I asked when he finished making the call.

"No. I had break up with Fikayo about three weeks ago." I look at him and chuckles.

"And what did she did this time?" I asked.

"The girl is so annoying and demanding. Do I look like her husband? She get jealous at everything," he said exasperated.

I nod in understanding. I don't think I can take that from any girl either.

"Don't you want to have a girlfriend?"