Chapter 65

Jason POV

It had been a week since the Exam had finally ended. It is such a relief. NECO will be starting in three days time. I had plan on not writing it but it is the only way I can see Laila for the time being. Even my friends. It's funny that all the people you have grown use to seeing even the teachers. You are not going to see them anymore.

Every one will have to go separate ways. But I will really miss seeing each one of them. I will miss even the classrooms, old music room, the swimming area, the school hall, the cafeteria. And surprisingly the counsellor office.

It's a weekend and I am at home listening to music and at the same painting. I just finish painting a drawing of my aunt. She had ask me to paint her portrait.

I step down to admire my work. I am impressed at my work and I smile with satisfaction. After washing my hands, I change from my stained working clothes into a jeans and          t-shirt and leave my room.

I walk down the hall. The house seem too quiet.

Well it has always been quiet but right now the quietness seem deafen. I didn't knew the house was always so quiet.

Although I enjoy the peace when I am angry and when I am painting but lately, that had been changing. I now enjoy watching people around. And I guess that is the way my subconsciousness is telling me how much I miss the presence of my cousins and my paternal grandparents.

They had spend a week with me and it was fun. My aunties stayed for a day before they all leave. For the first time I really appreciate their company.

I didn't even know when I got to the front of my mom's private office.

You miss her that is why you are here. My subconsciousness whispered.

I don't know. Maybe.

You and I both know it is a lie. You really want to see her.

Well, I will agree this time.

Yes I really want to see her. She had been home for three consecutive days and we eat breakfast and dinner together. We even talk about my paintings and my exams sometimes. It was actually fun having a mother to talk to and seem to understand you in an unexplainable way.

And you realize all that you had been missing. My subconsciousness chirp in.

And I agree with it again.

"What are you doing here?!" Someone said behind me startling me.

I turn around with a frown and glare at my Nanny.

"Nan do you have to scare me?" I asked.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to but why are you here?" She asked.

I said nothing but just stare at her blankly.

A small crept up her face. "You want to see your mom!"

Why is she so amuse by that? I asked myself inwardly and I roll my eyes and begin to walk away.

"Hey come back here." She order and I stopped but didn't go back. "Stop acting all tough. Don't pretend you don't want to see her." She said.

I begin to walk away again.

"Well she is in her room." She said as I walk away. I can hear her laughter as I walk down the hall.

I move to the other hall way and stop in front of my mother room. She moved out of her matrimonial bedroom a year after dad died.

I don't know why she did that but she had been staying in this room ever since.

I knock at the door and I her heard voice saying come in. I turn the knob and enter into the room. This is the first time I am entering this room in nine years.