Chapter 47

LAILA POV

I met Christian standing outside the old music room. He looks worried. He was surprised when he saw me.

"What are you doing here Laila? You should be in class."

"You too." I told him. "But why are you outside?"

"He is furious right now. He doesn't want to talk to anyone."

"Where are his friends?"

"He doesn't want to talk to anyone. And they also have a meeting with the counsellor." He explained.

"I need to talk to him." I said and I move closer to the entrance. He hold me and then take his hand away.

"What do you mean? Don't you understand what I just said. Didn't you see what happened to Efosa? He has some personal issue and it's best you leave him alone. I didn't even come with him this morning." He explained bitterly. "Give him time, he will come around."

"I want to talk to him. He won't do anything to me." I said confidently.

He look at me for quite some time before saying. "If you say so but be careful."

"I will. Thanks." I told him and I entered the room.

I look around the room. I didn't see him in his usual position. I use my eyes to search around for him. He was sitting on the high wooden stage. His headphone is on his ear as usual.

I hope he doesn't go deaf one-day.

He was also sketching something on the floor.

I move closer to him and sit beside him.

The shock was evident in his eyes. He remove the headphone from his ear and stare at me.

"Why are you here Laila? You should be in class." He said and look away.

"So should you." I told him. "What are you sketching?" I asked looking at the old wood.

I can't understand what he is drawing.

"It's nothing." He said. I look up at him.

"Why are you here? You should go back to class."

"I will but not now." I told him. "Want to talk."

"We are talking." He said flatly.

Typical Jason Johnson reply. But I just nod my head.

"What happened? Why did you let Efosa get to you?"

"He got on my nerve. I know I promise to be better but I couldn't help it. I shouldn't have done that." He said soberly.

"He actually deserves it." I said and he look at me. I smile. "I'm serious about that. He got what he ask for."

I stare at him in silence as I watch different emotions play on his handsome face. I can look at this face forever without getting tired.

But I need to get my head straight. I need to focus on why I am here.

"But are you okay Jason?" I asked hoping he will open up to me.

"I'm fine." He answered.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? You know you can trust me." I said assuring him.

"I'm alright." He muttered. I waited patiently hoping he will change his mind and say more. But he seems he forget I was in the room and he put the headphone back on his ear and close his eyes.

I move closer to him and pull the headphone from his ear. He open his eyes and look at me. His eyes were glassy.

And I smile at him.