Chapter 42

Jason POV

I said goodnight to Christian as I walk out of his home. It is late already and I don't want to wake those in my home up and I walk inside the house as quiet as I can. I'm just hoping my mother is not in the living room. That woman never sleeps. I just wonder how she got to maintain a perfect body.

But well, I didn't meet my mother it is her family that were in the dining room eating and talking at the same time.

I didn't see them neither do they see me but I can overheard their voice. And I know it fully well even if we are not close.

I head to my room when something they were saying caught my attention.

".....all perfect but she can't even train her child. A spoilt brat. Look at the hair he is keeping and she can't even say anything about it. What a mother she is?"

"The all sophisticated and wealthy Janet." Her immediate sister said in a mocking tone and they laugh. "Daddys girl."

"I told him not to spoil that girl and see what she turn out to be... A mother who can't even talks to her son." Her mother said.

"She thinks she can have everything, she's a fool."

"Don't mind her." Dayo laughs. "She is the richest woman and she is expecting to have a family. What a pity? No wonder she didn't have another husband since the last one died. Her pride is what kills the man. And that was the only man that could even tolerate her." She said with so much disgust.

" That's why I never said no when she brought the trash of a guy home as her fiance. "Her mother said." They deserve each other. He is the only fool of a man that she could control. "

" And it didn't end well for him. " They chuckles.

I'm boiling of anger right now. How dare them mention my father and my mother? They have no right to talk about them that way. I don't like my mother but I realize I hate it when someone talks badly about her... true or not. Even the press tells nothing more than the good thing about her - even if I actually dislike seeing and hearing them.

But this is more terrible. I hate it that they are saying something so horrible. And most especially not from the people she calls family.

How cruel they are?

Imagine how it would have felt if she had heard them saying this.

I guess I'm not the only one they hate. They actually hate their sister... and daughter. They are obviously jealous of her wealth.

I feel like walking into that room and give them actually what they deserve but I can't. My grandparents and aunties are here.

I don't want to ruin their time here for some worthless people.

It took all the willpower in me to just walk away to my room.

####

The following morning I met my mother along the hallway to the stairs. She just finished making a call with someone.... probably her personal assistant.

"Hey Jay. Good morning. How was your night?"

"Okay." I said quietly. I'm not use to having small talks with her.
Then I notice she is wearing makeup. She hardly wears makeup. She wears makeup only when she's attending parties or she have a press conference. She hardly got the time for it.

Although it isn't heavy and she didn't use a lipstick except from a light lip gloss. But there is something odd about her face.

Her eyes and face is swollen. The make-up is just to hide the swollen face.

She had been crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I can't help but think about what I heard last night. I couldn't sleep because I couldn't get the thought out of my head. Why will they say such a terrible thing about her? And it's surprising that I am actually affected by what they said about her. And I am hoping she didn't hear it.

She is surprised at the question but she quickly hide her amazement with  a smile.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why did you ask? And thanks for asking." She said a little too fast. "Common let's go. The others are waiting for us." She said and she head towards the staircase.

"Were you crying?" I don't know why I ask that question because I actually want to believe that I don't care. But I do. I'm hoping she didn't hear what her family were saying about her last night because I know she always sleep late.

She laugh it off. "Why should I cry? I'm fine or is it my eyes? That's because I have been overworking. I just slept late going through some file for..." Then she realized she is talking about her work - one of the things I hate to hear. And she stop. "Sorry, don't mind me. But I am fine. Let's go."

And she walk away.

I realize she always says the truth just to please me and to make me know she is trying. So it easy to detect she just lie to me.

She lied about overworking.

I just shake my head and walk down to the dinning room to join the others. Everyone has already sat at the table. I muttered a greeting which they still reply to cheerfully.

My mother pass my food and after grandpa said a little prayer, everyone start to eat.

Grandma brought a topic about the current popular TV opera and everyone except my mother have one thing or the other to say.

You can't blame her. She is too busy with her work to know about any soap opera.

Then Ini whispered to his sister. "Jason is no longer in his good mood."

"Yeah." His sister agreed . "He had been picking on his food."

"Hey Jason. What's wrong? Don't you like the food?" Aunt Dayo asked in a fake and mocking concern. And it fuel my anger.

I drop my Spoon into my plate causing a loud clatter shocking everyone.

This people are really pissing me up. Must they ruin my day.

I push the chair backward and stood to my feet.

"Moyo what's the problem?" My grandpa said.

"Common sit down and finish your food." My mother said in a little pleading tone. She was faking a warm smile at the same time pleading with her eyes.

As much as I want to listen to her, I can't keep sitting on the same table with the hypocrite I called my aunties.

" I lost my appetite. "I said to them and walk away leaving everyone mouth wide open.

My attitude is not a surprise to them. Just a change in my mood. Just two days ago and the previous day I was fine in a perfect mood but it suddenly turn sour this morning.

Well i have some people to thank for that.

***

I update another chapter just to make up for the time away. I hope you enjoy.

Hello all those who had been reading. Thanks but don't just be a silent reader but please vote.

Heart you.
R.