Chapter 46

Laila POV

I told my aunt about the dress Jason got for me when she came to my room that night. I was so glad she didn't ask much questions like she used to which is still very surprising.

She just asked. "Who bought it for you? Your boyfriend?"

"No. Of course not. I don't have a boyfriend." I told her.

She just nod and look at the dress.

"Okay. So who gets it for you?"

"A friend. He want to make it up for my dress that get ruin on the last dinner." I told her honestly. I am not use to hiding things from my aunty.

"He?" She look at me quizzically. "Just be very careful. Don't let those people look down on you or take advantage of you."

I nodded.

"But make sure you let me know when you have a boyfriend. Don't hide it from me. " She said.

I smile gratefully. "Of course Aunt."

###

The school dinner was also wonderful as always. I can swear I enjoy it this time. This year is really different. I have two best friends and another friend to celebrate with, to cheer me on and to cheer on.

I have a new friend now in the SH3 Emerald, the art class. She is in the same debate team with me and she seem very nice. Her name is Sunmisola Adaba.

We have a few things in common and we talk alot after the debate practice. I also introduce her to Mathias and Isabella and I'm glad they like her.

Well let's go back to the party. I wore the dress Jason bought for me to the dinner. And I love the feeling when I was praise for my cloth. Even Mary commented on it. It kind of make me feel special and actually belong.

Thanks to a certain someone.

Speaking of the devil.

I didn't see Jason throughout the event. He was not even in the hall to be precise. His friends were going in and out of the hall frequently.

I only saw him with Christian and an elderly woman at the car park this morning when I entered the school. But I had to go and say hi to Mathias and his mom. By the time I was done, they were no longer by the side of their jeep. And I had been too busy to go look for him.

When the event was almost over, I left for our class. A few student were in the class doing...the usual. I just walk away like I didn't see any thing. It's non of my concern. I went to the old music room. He was sitting in his usual position with his head set on his head and his eyes were close like he was alseep.

I don't know why this guy loves to sleep so much.

I feel quite jealous of the headphone and.... the sleep.

Crazy right?

But that is actually how I felt.

I decide to leave him in peace. Then my leg mistakenly hit a chair as I turn, making a noise.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

"Laila." I heard the familiar voice but it sounded like he had just woken up from a sleep.

Thanks to me and the chair.

I bit myself and turn around. I look at him apologetically.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." I said.

He pull the headphone from his ear and said.

"It's fine. Do you want to sit? I wouldn't mind having a company." He said.