Chapter 51

Hi, just a note of warning. Some of you may not like this chapter because it is just mostly speech about a country. But it doesn't matter, you can still read it. I feel since it is a teen and high school book, I should at least write something educational too in it. And this is something you can learn one thing or the other from and I love to write the chapter. Thanks.
Don't forget to vote as you read. Enjoy.

It's finally the international day we've all been waiting for. Everyone is gathered in the main hall- the largest hall in the school to be precise.

I'm not just nervous. I am excited also in way that I can't explain. I have a whole class to cheer me up.

My class had been super cooperative about this event. I have never seen them cooperate this much except during Mr Falade test or group work.

Everyone want to make a good contribution to help in the idea I bought up. Daniel Ofonagoro is my other representative. I'm okay with him. He is not just a smooth talker but the guy is good. Sometimes people wonder why the both of us had to be in science class. But that is our choice and it has already been made.

We work hand in hand to make this work.

To be honest at the start, i don't actually cares who win but it change. I really want us to win this. I have got a whole class looking up to me.

SS3 Emerald seem very proud about themselves. I can see the smile on George face. Yeah, George Ilesanmi, Jason friend and Minion is representing the class. Their class won last year when we were in SS2.

The event seem more serious and challenging this year. Most especially the SS3 classes. Everyone want to make a name.

I sat to watch the primary classes present their speeches. The little kids are so wonderful. Primary two class sang a song in Ghanaian language after a brief discussion from their class monitor. Primary five were more amazing. They talk about Australia. They mention the seas and their famous music band ever - The Hilsong United. And after that five girls and a boy in the class sang a song by Hilsong - What a beautiful name. They received a loud applause from the audiences. Their voices attracted attention. So young and beautiful.

Their teacher a young miss, look at the kids with so much pride and she was grinning from ear to ear. She did a wonderful job in the class.

After JS two Sapphire presented their speech, I had to leave to go to the class to go over my speech again. Daniel is no longer in the hall.

The hallway is filled with students that are preparing for their speech. My class is the second to the last to always present. So I still got a lot of time. But I can't make mistakes in this.

SS one Gold talk about history of Botswana, SS one Emerald History of Philippines, SS two Ruby - Philadelphia in America. I half listen to them from the class since the speakers is quite loud.

Immediately SS two Gold finish on the podium, Mary, Kenny and Divine came to the class. There came to get the materials we need ready.

I take a last look on my paper and the instruments we've got. The trios wish us good luck and they went in the direction of the hall to get the things ready. Our class teacher is waiting for them. She knows about our plan.

I can hear George cocky voice.

To be honest the guy is good. I don't know what country he is talking about but as I listen to his speech I realise he is talking about China - most especially the history of the great wall of china.

I smile and then turn to Daniel. He is still repeating some Italian words.

"We need to go now Daniel. George will be done with his speech any time from now." I said to him.