¦Chapter 7¦

(Note this chapter has a combination of two POVs. It's going to be that way in future chapters. Please don't forget to drop your vote in each chapter as you read. And also let me know your thoughts. Thanks)

~ Laila ~

Leaving the library that I had been in for the past one and a half hours. We had two two-hour breaks and since I don't have anything to do and Florence didn't come to school today I decided to go to the library to read my notes.

It was quiet and peaceful there. And there wouldn't be any attention on me. Aside from Christian, no other person had talked to me in my class. It was like they were dreading coming close to me. Like I was some kind of plague that needed to be avoided.

I also noticed that most of the girls in Mary's clique don't like me. Most especially that pretty girl Ivy. I don't know what I do to them for them to hate me. They always make snide remarks whenever I walk past them and it's like they are holding themselves back from spilling out what they have in mind.

But I tried avoiding them in the way I could. I don't want trouble. I am just here to learn.

And since my only friend and seat partner weren't in school, I had left the class during the two-hour break to be alone and to read my books.

When I left the library, I took another route to my classroom but something caught my attention while I walked past the old music room. The door to the room was wide open so I had a very clear view of what was going on inside the room.

Bringing my attention to the room, I saw two boys whom I recognized to be in junior class three kneeling on the floor inside the room, holding a book in their hands.

My forehead creased in a displeased frown.

I didn't need anyone to tell me who was tormenting these boys because it was only Jason Johnson and his hoodlums of a friend who dominated and practically lived in the old music room. It was like their own little world inside this school.

I wondered what these boys had done to them for them to be here by this time, instead of being in their classroom, learning. And also what Jason and his friends were doing to the poor children? I hoped it wasn't something so bad.

In the last few weeks that I have been attending this school, I have seen different things these boys do to students. They had accolades for making trouble and mocking people. They could body shame any students, they easily pick on someone just to have fun. Jason had even poured a drink on two female seniors two days ago because he didn't like the way they were staring at his shoe.

Yeah, just imagine that.

And the narcissistic George with the other plain he-goat that I had learned his name to be Saheed even intentionally poured water on a girl's chest saying they wanted to confirm the color of her bra. And they had all laughed about it like it was the funniest movie ever. The humiliation and pain on the girl's face was indescribable. She had even burst into tears in front of the whole school in the cafeteria. But those fools still kept laughing at her misery.

I stood and watched curiously to see what they were doing to the poor boys. Suddenly something hit the book in one of the boys' hands, pushing him back with force. The boy whimpered. Another throw came on the second boy and the object didn't touch the book in his hand instead it hit his nose and the boy groaned in pain. My brows furrowed in anger as I heard laughter coming from the room.

And it made my blood boil. How could they be so inhumane? What was so funny in this stupid action of theirs? Those innocent kids were supposed to be in class learning, but some bunch of idiots were keeping them from doing so.