Chapter 16

Isac's P.O.V

I woke up to Anna fidgeting. Looking down at her I could see that she was having a bad dream due to her facial expression. I kissed her forehead softly and stroked her hair.

"Shhh baby it's just a bad dream." The time on my clock read 6:00am. I felt her jump as she woke up which caused me to jump. Her breathing got extremely heavy.

"Calm down princess. What happened?" I spoke softly to her. She turned around and looked at me then looked away blushing.

"Um, Isac where's your shirt?"

"You have it on remember." I chuckled and she looked down remembering about the shirt. I sat up next to her and wrapped my arm around her. She grabbed my free hand and stared at my wrist where the rope markings were.

"You still haven't told me about these markings Isac." She stared at me concernedly and I sighed, turning to face her. I held both of her hands and gently rubbed my thumb across her knuckles.

"Okay, you know when Josh had to go to hospital because of his leg?" I looked up into her eyes which were sparkling.

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm not sure what he told you but..."

"He told me that Liam set a dog on him." She interrupted me. Wait... Josh lied to her?

"Wait, he told you that?" She nodded looking confused, I looked down. "It wasn't Liam. I know who it was and what really happened."

"Really? Then tell me." She leaned up on her knees looking at me.

"Okay, please don't freak out or yell or anything but... It was me." She gasped and let go of my hands, folding her arms across her chest.

"How could you do that Isac?" She raised her voice a little, frowning.

"No, no. I didn't mean it in that way. You didn't let me finish. I was walking my aunties dog and I saw a bunch of guys jump another guy. I didn't see who it was at first but then I caught a glimpse at Josh. I ran over as soon as I knew it was him. I tried to stop the guys but my aunties dog, Ernie growled and bit into Josh's leg. All of the guys ran away while I managed to get Ernie off Josh. He was terrified and so was I, Ernie had never bitten anyone before.." I looked down at the red rope marking on my wrist and traced my fingers over the pattern.

"Later that day Ernie was put to sleep and I was pretty sure Josh hated me. I went to the hospital to apologise for what happened but he wouldn't even let me speak a word. I was so scared that he would tell you the wrong idea and you'd end up leaving me. But then I saw that you weren't angry or mad at me so I hid the markings from you. I'm sorry Anna I should have told you."

I didn't look up at her, I just stayed dead still listening to my own breath.... Inhale...Exhale. Then I felt her arms wrap around me. I wrapped mine around her waist resting my head on her shoulder.

"Isac I'd never be mad at you. You tried to help him and that's all that matters." Her voice was quiet and gentle.

"Thank you Anna. I would never let a friend of yours suffer if I was there to help them."

"Which is why I love you. And Isac, you should have just told me in the first place." We pulled away and looked into each others eyes.

"I know, I kind of regret not telling you. I was just scared that I would lose you." I looked down shyly and she kissed my cheek.

"You will never lose me babe. And that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me." She kissed my cheek again and I hugged her tightly. She truly is the best human being ever! I'm just glad I get to call her mine.