Part 72 (Colby's POV)

I don't answer. Frankly, I never gave it much thought, but now that it was mentioned, I felt a wave of a little annoyance wash over me. Sure, I could understand that she felt the need to protect me. I was still a newborn, still prone to believe anything anyone told me about this vampire world that I had only been a part of for a few months. But I was capable of protecting myself. And, according to the prophecy, I had potent powers, unseen and unknown by anyone, including me.
"I guess the last thing we need answered for now, before I call Penelope back in, is whether or not you are going to keep us informed of your powers and anything related that might come up?" Tiberius asks.
As long as I didn't know the extent of my power, I knew I didn't have a choice. It wasn't a question either. "Yes, my Lord."
Tiberius nods. "Good." He lifts his eyes from me to the door. "Let her in."
The door guards open the double doors, and Penny walks in, stopping next to me.
"Before you two go," Tiberius says. "That human settlement, the Trap House I hear you call it? Those humans know too much about us. Either turn them," His voice drops and becomes an icy evil that sent shivers down my spine. "Or kill them. That's an order."
My jaw drops. What? Turn Sam, Kat, Corey and everyone else? Or kill them? I feel Penny grab my arm. "Yes, my Lords." She says, dipping her head before turning and dragging me out.
"We'll be watching." Maxime calls out.
Walking beside her, I glance back and see all four of them watching us out, Maxime and Ramses still standing. Pushing my mind out, I read their collective thoughts before the door closed between us.
'Will he join us?'
Outside the chamber, I look at Penny, who was still holding me tight. She didn't let me go until we were outside the castle. When she does, I stop walking. What things had she never told me about? What did Tiberius mean when he said there was much she hadn't told me?
Penny stops and looks back. "Come on, Colby. We have to get back." Her voice was hard, and I had the sudden realization that she probably heard the whole conversation between the Regime and I.
We get back to the mansion late that night, and before Penny could slip away, I take her arm.
"What about the Trap House?" I ask her.
"We'll figure something out." She replies. "We'll talk to them tomorrow."
Penny and I go out to feed, and the morning of the next day, Salina was left in charge as we part to the Trap House. We stop outside, and I turn to Penny.
"If we bring up the fact that they have to turn or die, we have to tell them about me." I say.
She bites her lip. "Then we tell them. We don't have a choice, Colby. We have to turn them or kill them. They'll find out either way."
I nod. Penny moves to the door and knocks. For a second, I wonder why she didn't just run in, but then I realize she probably wanted to take it slow for them.
The door opens, and Sam was standing there, Corey right behind him. 
"Colby." Sam says. "Penelope."
Corey moves closer. "What are you guys doing here?" Then he sees our expressions. "Is something wrong?"
"We need to talk to everyone." Penny says. We walk inside when Sam moves away, then closes the door behind us. "Including Brennen. It's very important."
Sam nods, then dashes up the stairs. Corey leads us into the sitting room, and a minute later, Sam comes back down followed by Kat, Devyn, Jake and Tara. I had taken my phone out and sent a quick text to Brennen, telling him to come over as soon as possible.
When Brennen came over, Sam asked what was going on.
"Colby and I talked to the Regime yesterday." Penny says.
"The Regime?" Brennen asks. "What's the regime?"
"You can think of it as the vampire government." I say.
Brennen raises his eyebrows. "What for?"
I glance at Penny, who was already watching me. I look back at Brennen. "The Regime has powers. Mental powers. They can see into your mind with a single touch. According to Penny, the Regime are the only vampires with the power, hence why they are the leaders of all vampires. They're the oldest vampires in history, and as far as anyone knows, no one since them, has the same power as them." I explain.
"Until recently." Penny says, leaning forwards.
"What do you mean?" Sam asks. "There's a vampire with the same power now?"
"Yes and no." She replies. "There is a vampire who can see into the minds of others, but not exactly the same way. We, don't exactly know much about it."
"Do you know who it is?" Kat asks.
Penny looks to me. "It's Colby."