Chapter 7

I run over to Nick on the ground, there's blood all over his face and I'm pretty sure there will be multiple bruises. Once he's up the nurse takes him in to her office but Kio goes to the office because he's not as badly hurt.

"Are you Emma?" A boy asks in this nerdy voice.
"Yes, why?"
"You should probably go see Mrs. Flender," he says worrily.

Mrs. Flender is the vice principal here, going to her office is like going to prison. You only go there if you're in trouble, I've been a few times but not to many. Kio's probably familiar with it. I roll my eyes at the thought and head into the office.

"Please have a seat," the lady at the front desk tells me.
"Emma?" Mrs. Flender calls.

Once I go into the office I see Kio and Nick, the middle chair is opened for me. I smile and sit down. I look to
my side to see Nick, his face is bloody. There's bruises all over his eyes and there's a red bump over his lips. Kio did him dirty, I wonder what happened to make  him do something like that. The thought makes me turn to Kio, he smirks and laughs.

"So why is Emma in here gentlemen?"
"Actually I don't know why I-" I get cut off by Nick.

"This asshole decided to give my girlfriend hickies!" he shouts. Kio laughs and I have to say something but I can't find the words.

"It wasn't right I know, and it will never happen again," I say knowing it doesn't change anything but Nick leans back in his chair keeping silent.

"He's mad cause he's not even as close as I am to fucking her," he laughs.

I gasp and my eyes go wide at the comment, Nick is steaming already. I look at him and shake my head before Mrs. Flenders slams her hand on her desk.

"Stop it now, both of you. Kio will not be in the presence of Nick. You two will avoid each other and both of you will get all week detention after school." she says.

Kio stands up and I do the same. As we walk out he pulls my arm back and whispers into my ear.

"I'm not done with you," he says in that hot deep voice.

My eyes go wide and my stomach jumps. He makes me lose my breath while I'm practically panting. I swallow and look at him in a way I can't  even recognize. He just looks me up and down like always and releases my arm from his grip. I catch up to Nick and hear him laugh.

   I'm not done with you. What does that even mean?

...

   I am not ready to face Kio again today. I'm already late and I don't need everyone staring at me. Once I walk into the room class has already begun so I rush to my chair and keep my head down. I sit down and hear Kio clear his throat.

"Someone's late," he says.
"Ugh fuck you Kio Cyr," I mumble. I meant to say that in my head but it came out of my mouth way to fast. Everyone stares at me and I just look away.

"What was that?" he smirks. I stay silent not knowing how to respond.
"That's what I thought."

   That dumb bitch Mandy laughs at me and leans closer into her desk.

"Are you scared of him or something?" she asks in her bitchy little tone.
"No, why the fuck would I be scared of him? He's a little selfish bitch," I say way louder than I intended to.

Mandy gasps and so does the table. Kio turns his head to me and laughs.

"What's so funny?"
"I'm a selfish little bitch?" he asks. I know he's about to say something I don't want him to.

"Yes you are, you should know that by now."
"I'm not the one that keeps throwing their self at the boy she cheated on her boyfriend with," he says in a weird tone like he's mad.

"I did not cheat on my boyfriend! Maybe if you stopped sucking on my fucking neck that would've never happened!" I yell once again.

   One guy at the table brings his fist up to his mouth and laughs. This is what happens when I stand up to the popular guy, I get taken as a joke. I slump back in my chair closing my eyes wishing to disappear.

   The day goes by quickly before I meet up with Nick at Subway. Nick and I talked things out last night and made things good again. He forgave me and I swear to never do it again. Which I won't, I also made that promise to myself.

   Nick is sitting at the back booth waiting for me with my sandwich ready. I smile and run over to him.

"So how was your day?"
"Actually kind of awful but I don't wanna talk about it," I say.

"Okay well I got some surprising news," he tells me changing the topic.
"My dad starting looking into some summer camps for college credit and we found one down by Lakeshore that can potentially get me a scholarship," he smiles.

"Oh my god that's amazing Nick!"
"It's whatever," he laughs. His laugh always makes my day 100 times better. While he's talking I get distracted when I get a text from an unknown number.

You've been invited to the Night Party

The code is 3263

2135, Richland st.

No. Fucking. Way. The night party. That's Kio's party. But a famous party that's been going on since 6 grade. Only a few hundred are invited but some aren't. I have to go even if it means seeing Kio. Natalie always goes so I'll have someone to go with. I look up to see if Nick got the invitation but he's still talking. I'll tell him, I swear.