Chapter 41

Day 1 at ski trip - 2:00 pm

Phew. We pull up to the place. There's snow everywhere and the building is huge. Behind the building you can see the tall green trees, it's beautiful. The busses come to a stop and they let out seat by seat. Nick and I hold hands all the way to the doors before Natalie pulls me away and runs to the front.

The teachers tell us to get our room keys then they drive away in the bus leaving us. There's a small lady at the front giving people keys to their rooms so we go line up behind the row of kids.

"Names?" the lady ask us.

"Emma and Natalie," I say due to the way we signed up.

"Ummm...Yes! Room 134. On the left are the twin beds and the right will be the 4 beds, so look for your room on the left," she smiles.

After telling Nick I'll meet him later Natalie and I run to elevator.

Once we enter the room it smells like a mixture of hotel and wood, I mean it is a cabin resort. I throw my bags on the floor and Natalie blasts Loving is Easy. I lay on the bed for a little bit staring at the ceiling until Natalie pulls me off. We grab each other's hands and start dancing around the room.

She twirls me around then let's me go into Nick's arms that just came in the room. He smiles down at me. Those beautiful eyes will never get tired of me.

"How does food sound princess?" he asks.

"Amazing," I laugh.

He looks towards Natalie and she gives him a small nod. Taking my hand he leads me out the door towards the back of the hallway exiting to a huge space, there's couches, pool tables, and a kitchen. Before we leave the hallway I hear a hollering sound. When I look behind me Kio is leaning on the hallway. He looks at Nick, smiles then back at me with a devilish glare and smile combined. He gives me that look with a smirk. It makes butterflies all the way down my spine causing me to skip a little, he laughs and Nick pulls me out of the hallway.

We walk to a food court. There's multiple stores, I see kids everywhere and not just from our school. Nick pulls me to Subway. As he orders for us memories of Kio flood in. Ugh shut up.

We take a seat at the table and scroll through our phones before putting them down.

"So, I was thinking about going to your grandma's house to make those little biscuits she really likes," I tell Nick with a smile.

"Oh um actually she was transferred to the hospital. Her cough got so bad, but we don't know what it is," He responds. Oh fuck. I grab his hand and give it a tight squeeze.

"Hey don't make that face. Your grandma is strong, she'll get through this," I say.

Nick and his grandma have such a close bond. She's been like a mom to him ever since he was 3, because him and his mom don't have the best relationship.

"I don't know Em. After this trip I'm gonna go visit her and we'll see," he sighs.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," he smiles.

"Are we going skiing tomorrow?" I ask him.

"Um I'm going with Troy if that's okay?" he says. Oh.

"Oh yeah yeah that's cool that's cool," I lie.

...

I look at my watch that's reads 10:23. It's so dark here at night although there's a few kids outside. I make my way upstairs to my hall. It feels like a horror scene walking down here, I feel like someone is just going to pop out and-

"Boo!" I hear from behind me. I scream so loud it hurts my ears.

When I look behind me I see Kio. Ugh, what the fuck.

"What the fuck! You scared me!" I say and hit him. He raised his hands up in a playful way and laughs.

"So are you hitting the slopes with me tomorrow?" he asks.

"Um I don't know. I'll probably go with Nat or Mandy," I say. He stops me by standing in front of me putting his hands on my shoulder and leaning his head on mine. Closing my eyes I take in his amazing scent.

"So you're just going to leave me by myself with nobody to ski with?" he whines.

I laugh, "you have like a million friends, shut up," I say.

"But I wanna go skiing with you," he pokes me.

"Okay Kio, I'll think about it," I push him away.

He smiles and goes into his room, geez what does he do to me?

When I enter my room Mandy, Searra, and Chloe are all on my bed. Natalie has her airpods in on her bed.

"Hey," I smile. They all smile back at me and Mandy pats the spot in front of her.

I give her a finger and go to my bag.

"Was that you who screamed just now?" Mandy laughs.

"You heard that?" I ask grabbing an unusually large white sweater. The more I look at it I notice it's Kio's. Cute .

"Yeah you sounded like a child when they see clowns," she laughs.

"Oh trust me I'm a lot worse," I say and laugh at my own joke. Nobody laughs with me and I take that as my cue to shut up.

Going to my bathroom I toss on the sweater and throw on some shorts that you can't even see. I brush my teeth and put my hair in a bun.

When I go back out they're all giggling and I join them on the bed. For a few minutes they talk about random things then I hear the name Kio so I lift my eye up and Mandy sees me.

"Oh well that got her attention," she laughs.

"How are you two by the way?"

"Um well I mean. We're cool I don't really know where I stand with him though," I say shifting uncomfortable.

"Wanna know what I think?" Searra asks and I nod, "so think you're different. Usually with girls he'll tease and fuck around with them but you're something different. I mean look at it, he's after you, you got the necklace. I just think you should look more into your relationship. You're diff Em," she finishes.

"Maybe I will," I say, Mandy and Searra exchange looks smiling.

What's happening? There has to be something I don't know about. Josh, Searra, and now Mandy are acting weird. Is it about what Sarah said maybe? I'll find out tomorrow.