Chapter 52

make sure you're caught up on chapters ~

The road feels bumpy under my feet as the school nears. I convinced my mother that I could walk to school safely. My eyes are puffy from crying all these days and winter break is over so I decided to give me one more time alone before school. The comments about haven't stopped and I don't think they will.

I put my hood on as I walk into the school. To get to my hallway I have to cross Kio's hallway. I keep my head down but still see pairs of eyes staring me down along with whispers.

"Isn't that the girl that fucked Kio?"

"Oh I heard her, Mandy, and Kio had a threesome."

"Didn't Nick leave that girl because she fucked Kio?"

"No, Kio beat Nick!"

I hear all sorts of things before getting out of that hallway. I finally find my locker and not to my surprise there's notes. I tear them off and throw them to the ground, snickers come from the left of me, Mandy's stupid posse.

I ignore and open my locker looking in the mirror, staring at it for minutes. I look like hell. My face looks torn, my eyes swollen, my cheeks tear stained, and my bun making me look even more of mess. Most of the time Nick waits by my locker but not today. I don't even want him to.

I walk through the hallways more tears pouring as everyone watches. The nightmare becomes reality when my eyes see the English classroom.

I avoid any stares and take my usual seat next to Kio. Their laughs taunt me to the point where I want to run. I purposely put my elbow on Kio's desk cause I know that pisses him off, along with kicking my feet farther under Mandy's desk.

"You're late, and hoodie off please," Mr. Landon says.

I tear my hoodie off letting my hair flow to my back. Just then I feel something heavy on my arm. I turn my head to see Kio, he smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Why are you mad at me, I should be mad at you for that beating you gave me," he says lifting his head off my arm.

"You deserved it," I tell him looking towards the board.

He get his finger and twists my hair nearing my ear, "did I now?" he asks leaving kisses on my neck. I let him for a few seconds the snap my head away and smack his hand.

"Don't fucking touch me," I hiss. He laughs and leaves me alone.

...

Chemistry was terrible, lunch was miserable, and life like always was horrific. Gym has come around meaning the day is almost over.

I change into my uniform and tie my hair into a brand new bun. Lauryn stuck around with me for most of day and we both have gym together so she waits in there with me as I sit in a stall.

"I heard Nick is getting $2000 for effort," a voice laughs from outside the stall. Everyone but Lauryn has annoyed me, for all I know my other friends could be in on it, even my fucking mom. I doubt it but nobody could've ever thought Nick was involved.

I wipe some more tears away and go back out to the gym. Out on the field the boys are out on the field playing football while the girls run the cross country track. Sweat starts to form at my forehead and I take off to the water fountain. The more I swallow the water a ball forms at my core. I run to the grass and throw up.

The vomit comes and comes until I feel a lift to my hair. I look up and see Sarah's gleaming eyes. I move my head up and wipe my mouth, her giving me a small smile.

"You okay?" she asks, I shake my head.

"I think I need to go home," I sigh resting my hand on my forehead.

"Let's leave," she laughs.

"What do you mean?"

"There's a gate right there, let's leave."

"Really?"

"Mhm," she giggles taking my hand. We both look behind us before taking off.

We take the back gate laughing all the way as she helps me climb it, I smile for the first time in awhile. After we pass the gate we take a bus closest to her house watching the snow fall. Nick's heartache in mine is gone, Kio's movements are gone as I stare at her brown orbs. As I smile with her pearl shapes. As her slim painted hands trail over mine making shapes.

We run into her house and she leads me to her bedroom. She has one window with a small sheet plastered over it and colorful lights all around her ceiling. She has a small bed with pink sheets and a desk with paintings all over. One thing significant to me is engraved drawings on a block of wood by her bed with a knife.

"What's this one?" I ask looking at an engraved symbol with a dove being cut open by an anchor and the indents are painted with red liquid.

She puts white socks sitting on the bed, "Well that anchor to me means a new adventure, the dove is a symbol of hope. They both are but I like to think of it as my hope will become with a new voyage. It's not cutting the hope just letting me know my new beginning will soothe the thoughts I've had. Which can also be represented by a dove. My anchor can calm me, telling me it's okay. But on both parts madness can come, which is represented by the red paint," she smiles. I nod slowly examining the treasure.

"Weird right?" she chuckles.

"No it's...it's beautiful," I smile to her.

"What can your anchor soothe?" she asks me.

"The powering thunder in me. It will tell me it's okay to hurt and tell me, happened to me and I'm okay. We'll do this together," I smile.

She climbs off her bed and joins be on the floor next to the wood piece handing me the knife, "you should write something," she tells me.

I pick up the knife and crave, 'elle est ici'.

She tilts her head and I just smile.

"Do you want to shower?" she asks.

"That'd be nice, do you have any clothes I could borrow?" I ask.

"Yeah of course, I'll leave you some towels," she smiles.

...

I put on some of the cranberry body gel she has and wash it off under the soft shower head. My eye's open to a gorgeous bare light brown body...Sarah.

My eyes meet her hazel ones and she smiles softly, my lips part and she steps closer. Her soft fingertips touch my cheek and her lips collide with mine. They meet every soft spot in my mouth and I let out a small moan. Her hand intertwines with mine pressing me against the shower wall. Her lips travel down to my neck making me moan even more. My finger tilts her chin up and she meets my level again.

I gaze into her eyes feeling everything lift away. She gently squeezes my hand giving me one more small kiss. She leans on my forehead as do I.

"You're my anchor," she whispers.

"Elle est ici, she's here," I whisper back.