Chapter 57

~ make sure you're all caught up

Word Count : 979

...

"So y'all are like hitting it off now huh?" Mandy giggles.

I shrug moving my hair out of my face, "I don't know we're.." I say losing words.

"Hm," Mandy scoffs.

"He's been in her pants probably about a hundred times now," I hear a voice say from the right of Mandy.

When I look up Natalie takes a seat next to Mandy drinking from her tall cup.

"Since when did you become such a bitch," I laugh to myself.

"When you became the other girl," she laughs with the others.

My heart drops seeing all of them laugh to that stupid joke. The only one that doesn't laugh is Searra, "I need to run to the bathroom real quick."

When I get in a tear is already dropping from my eye and the door opens.

"Hey I saw you run in here, are you okay?" Kio asks.

"Uh yeah, how'd you even get in?" I mumble wiping my tears.

"You didn't lock the door .. hey why are you crying?"

"My mom and .. stuff," I say.

He nods coming closer to me, he plants a kiss on my forehead leaning on it, "I love you."

"Hm?" I mumble again and he grabs my chin looking me in the eyes, "I love you Emma," he whispers.

After he exits the bathroom I wipe the rest of my tears off and place my hand on my forehead leaning against the sink.

Gosh I wish you were here mom.

When I head outside Mandy and Natalie are gone but Searra and Avani are still at the table. I slide in next to Avani.

"Sorry about that she can be kind of..." Searra starts off.

"Yea I know. Why do you still hang out with her? After all these years?"

"I don't know, she was more likable in her middle school years. But we just kind of always stick together. Avani is new to school and we met so she sort of just hangs out with me," Searra says.

"You have us," Avani smiles. I smile back and feel good for once.

These are my friends. Besides the fact that they did keep the whole sex tape from me. I'll have to get used to people lying I guess.

...

The sky is a light toned gray with a bit of pink when we leave the diner. Kio drives until we end up at the fair. Nostalgia hits me hard when he gives me a light smile. I hop out grabbing his hand. I remember this exact moment when we ran through the rain.

I find Searra and Avani as the guys pay. We take a few pictures then get our tickets running into the fair. Avani takes my hand running to a ride. There's a song blasting and they both dance to it then we run to a ride. After a few more rides we meet up with our group at a hot dog stand.

Searra and I are now holding hands when I see Kio. His face lights up when he sees me and I run to him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Where were you?" he asks.

"I went on a few rides with the girls but now I want to go with you," I smile.

He nods taking my hand as walk away from the group. I point out a few things but he just focuses on my eyes the whole time. He then sees a wave swinger and pays for both of us.

We fly our hands up laughing. The look he gives me when I stare at him creates butterflies in my core. My vans fly over his leg and we kiss.

The wind flying through our hair and the way we spin makes the kiss so much more magical. As we kiss fireworks from the park next to us spark and we laugh. We get lower and he picks up my hand threading his ringed fingers through mine lifting them up in the air.

After the wave swinger we both get a bag of cotton candy. He takes me to the ferris wheel and when we make it up to the top we both reminisce together.

"And then you took my perfectly scooped ice cream and threw it off," he laughs.

This time I do the exact same thing with his cotton candy making him furious. His mouth goes into a playful 'O'.

This time he holds my chin between his fingertips kissing me again. His hand travels down my stomach to the buttons of my jeans. I moan a little kissing him more intensely. His hand goes farther this time unbuckling my pants.

I know the wheel is about to move when I feel a small dip from beneath me. The thought of him taking me on ferris wheel puts me at ease I can admit. I bite his lip swinging my legs a little. He makes his way into my panties making me moan into his mouth. He laughs and the wheel moves.

I wrap my hands around his neck kissing him even more as he continues his motions against my clit. I can already see the stares. But I like the scandalously.

When we get to the bottom, one couple stares at us laughing. The girl gives me a small wink and I primp my hair.

We hold hands down the rocky ground when a notification comes from his phone. He looks at it then smiles down at me.

"What?" I giggle squeezing his hand.

"We have to leave," he tells me. I nod taking a sip out of my coke.

We walk to his car and I notice everyone else has already left. My brows furrow when we take a turn not going back home.

"Last stop," he smiles.