Chapter 49

I throw on a a black bralette and red skirt. I do my hair in french braids with light makeup. I haven't looked this put together in days. I slip on my vans and borrow my mom's car to drive to Starbucks. 

When I walk in Sarah is already sitting at a couch with a cropped white tank and black Adidas pants. Her hair is curled and she looks stunning. How could someone do that to her? She runs up to me embracing me into a hug. Telling me she's sorry and that I look beautiful.

She finally pulls away and looks at me sincerely.

"How are you?" she says shyly.

"It's been so hard, just everything has--" I say not being able to finish my sentence due to my tears fighting.

"Sh sh it's okay it's okay," she coos.

"I'm sure you um have a lot of a questions," she sighs.

I nod and she pulls me to the couch. 

"Ask away love," she giggles.

"Well it's kind of self explanatory, what is it. What's the full story?" I ask right away. She clears her throat and begins to answer.

"It's a book. There's three columns. One, have sex with the girl post it on the site. Two, have sex with the girl post it to the site, but there's love involved and you break her. Three, all of the above but you're in competition with someone. For the first one you get $4000, the second you get $6000 and then for the third $10,000. The book is like a scoreboard, it was created when we were in eighth grade," she explains.

"What column was I on for?" I ask her.

"Well I don't know how much money he got, but I can tell you if do figure out," she says giving me a small smile.

"So what was this for? Is this what they do for entertainment?"

"Well that's the catch. That's something I don't understand about your case, this usually is a form of punishment," she tells me.

"What do you mean punishment?"

"Revenge," oh.

"I can't think about anything I've done though," I say sighing.

"Hm I don't know, I'm sure you'll find out soon enough."

"What did you do?" I ask.

"I um slept with his sister," she says, tears in her eyes. Wait, Kio has sister? And she slept with her, why would Kio get mad about that?

"Why did he get so mad about that? And where even is she?" I ask too many questions.

"He hated it because I used be in rehab for my drug addiction, the night I had sex with his sister was the night I had an overdose," she starts sniffle, "he thought I got her high and I took advantage of her. Then he sent her away since his mom doesn't necessarily care for the two."

"Last year he made me fall in love with him then after we had sex he just told me off in the bed, but he-he didn't listen when I told him to stop going in me," she cries.

My eyes are already red for her. He raped her, and she never told me any of this. What if he had done the same thing to me for whatever revenge he wanted. He's the devil himself. Sarah wipes away her tears looking at me again.

"I'm sorry, you should get going now, you're mom is probably wondering where you're at," she smiles standing up.

I dust off my skirt and follow Sarah as she walks me out. I'm just now realizing how her light brown skin glows with the sunlight, she truly is a beauty. 

We say our goodbyes and drive off. That bastard will get what's coming for him.