Chapter 54

Make sure you're all caught up ~

Word count ; 1,646

Sarah's MIA. Natalie betrayed me. Nick betrayed me. Kio just did Kio. My mom is in the hospital dying. The guy that takes care of me is the one that made it available to have my sex tape out.

Most of these days I don't do anything but stare at a wall. I call Lauryn everyday cause she's the closest I have and nobody else understands me. We don't know how my mother is going to be till later today. They don't know what caused it but it's clear she lost breath and her air stopped when she fell.

I walk over to my closet and change into a short blue dress. As I leave my room I look at the blue necklace hanging next to my nightstand, it's a sparkly diamond, a beautiful butterfly. Just when the caterpillar thought it's life was over it turned into a butterfly. My mom gave it to me as a way to say, when something bad happens you'll find a new path. She tells me to hold onto it when something bad does happen. Well what a time!

I apply lip gloss and concealer to cover my circles then head over to Josh's room. I haven't spoken to him at all but he doesn't want to leave me alone here.

"When are we heading to the hospital?" I ask him in a grumpy tone.

"I'd like it if you could be more polite," he laughs and I just roll my eyes.

"We'll go in a little bit because the new neighbors invited us over to lunch today," he tells me.

"The what?"

"She's a mom with one son, she had heard what happened and thought it'd be nice to invite us over to lunch."

"Like right now?"

"Yup," he nods.

"And you didn't think to tell me earlier?"

"No, I really didn't care," he laughs.

He gets up throwing on tennis shoes and we both go downstairs. I spray perfume and grab my bag leaving the house.

I'm immediately hit with the sun in cold weather as we walk across the street to the house. Josh stops in front of a grand white house, just a little bigger than ours. He looks down at me and I just nod. I walk in front of him ringing the doorbell. A small asian lady with short black hair greets us with a big warm smile. She doesn't look a day over 40, and she has a son. He must be young.

"Oh hello!" she excites, "I heard about what happened I'm so sorry," she says.

I nod then give her a smile not knowing what to say. She invites me into the house before Josh greets her. It's lovely but I can't ignore the awful rap blasting upstairs, the son.

I get nosy and search the house as Josh converses with the woman. I find a pair of stairs and make my way up as the music gets louder. I find a door and open it slowly, it's a bathroom. There's two counter tops with one marble tub. I turn the light off and make my way out.

Instead, my actions are blocked by a tall figure. Muscular in fact. I bite my lip and take a step back. My eyes meet with a gorgeous human.

Meet Trevor: