Chapter 46

The bus stops at the front of the school and all of the cars at the front, the other three buses stop behind ours. They open the doors and we get let out seat by seat. When I grab my bags I text my mom to pick me up.

The house smells like sweet lavender and I remember how much I missed home. To my surprise Josh is still here in the kitchen, plus my mom that has just now walked in.

"Okay now! Tell me everything," she says pulling me to sit down in front of her. I look to Josh clearing my throat and within a few seconds a nods before exiting the room.

"It was a mess. In conclusion I broke up with Nick, and got the boy of my dreams," I say half smiling half frowning.

"You broke up with Nick?" she asks.

"Mhm."

"Hun, if I'm being honest, I knew something was up," she sighs.

"What do you mean?"

"Well ever since I saw Nick and that blonde at the mall together and let's not forget that Kio went to your room plenty of times to know that y'all had some smoochie smoochie going on," she laughs. What?

"What blonde are you talking about?"

"I don't know, she was pretty kind of slim as well," she says.

"And when was this?"

"Mmm like 3 or 2 weeks ago." What the fuck.

"And you didn't think this was a good thing to tell me then?!"

"Well I-I'm sorry hun I guess I didn't think-"

"No no it's okay, I think I just need a break," I huff. She calls my name a few times but I ignore her as I go upstairs.

When I shut my door and lean against it it feels like the whole world has stopped. It's rotation, it's wind, all of its pressure. A few tears roll down my cheeks that I've been holding back. I don't know what the tears are. Guilt, regret, happiness? I have no clue. I'm not exactly happy with the decision I made, more of relieved. It still feels like there's more to the story, like I'm missing out on something.

"Ugh," I groan out loud.

...

After ranting to Eseta for hours, I took a shower and finally got to rest at about 10. I've been staring at my ceiling trying to put together the pieces but I just can't.

All day today I've been thinking about what Sarah said. What did it all mean? The necklace, the book, was it all a lie? I've been a victim but a victim of what? The blonde with Nick? Nothing had made sense. There's still so many questions I have for everyone. Kio, what did he do? Josh, what is the fucking book? Mandy, you know something and your dumb bitch self isn't saying anything right? Sarah, what the fuck now?

I shut off my lamp and drift off into an uncomfortable sleep.

...

A few dings on my phone wakes me up. Looking at my clock it reads, 12:34. When the bright light hits my eyes it reads,

Nat 🥰😽 -

Emma!

Emma! wake up

this is important u need to see this

wake your ass up!

I go to the texts and see a link. When I click on the link there's a black screen with the title on top, xxx.leaked.richlandhigh - not secure

There's a video with 2 figures on the bed, I squint a little until I see what it is.

Holy fuck.