Chapter 45

Day 6 at trip (last day) - 8:00 am

It's finally Saturday. This long week is finally over. Somehow everyone has found out that Kio and I had sex. My mind has sort of calmed down but half of my heart still aches.

"So Quinton is gonna take me to get lunch after the ride is over, will you be okay when you go back home?" Natalie asks.

"Oh so you and Quinton huh?" I smile, she swats me on the arm, "Yes of course I'll be okay," I respond to her question.

I zip up my last bag and move them to the front of the room. After I take a shower I change into a cropped white tank and some black sweatpants. I do my hair in a loose bun then join Natalie outside.

When we get outside to wait for the busses Quinton and Natalie go in their own section leaving me alone. I spot Mandy and her possy walking over to me.

"Heyyy," she says.

"Hey! You think I could grab a seat with you?" I ask with a fake smile.

"Totes!" she laughs. They laugh and talk about nonsense but my gaze dozes over to Sarah.

I walk over to Sarah and when she spots me she immediately looks away.

"Hey Sarah," I say.

"Oh hey, I see you're still wearing that necklace," I nod and she just eyes me carefully.

"So uh-," I start to say but she cuts me off.

"You made the worst mistake of your life," she breathes.

"What?"

"You two had sex, I heard," she says.

"So what happens now?" I ask shifting my weight on one foot.

"The book," she responds. What is she talking about? As I replay the words I think back to Kio and Josh. Josh is the creator of the book.

"Can you elaborate please?"

"The book, there's 15 boys that compete in it. There's a main goal. You get three prizes for either one of the columns, 3000, 5000, or 8000. The boys pick their victims but first they have to mark them. Your necklace? He marked you. Let everyone know you were gonna be his victim," she explains. Oh my god.

"What do you mean column? What am I a victim off? Sarah, what did he do?!" I yell trying to get answers.

"The bus is coming, I have to go, sorry," she says.

I look around the building for Kio but I don't see him anywhere. When I turn back around Sarah has disappeared. What did he do?

Mandy saves me a seat next to her and I take it when I give up looking for Kio.

She smiles at me but when I look at her smile I can't ignore that devilish meaning behind it. I also can't ignore my gut feeling that something is going to go wrong when we get back home.

The lies aren't over.

...

Authors Note:

Hellooooo!! So I know you may have some predictions but we have a little more chapters to go and then this little adventure is over 😣 . I just wanted to say thank you to the moon and back for 100k! It means the absolute world so thank you. I also wanted to do a lil q&a thing so if u have any questions please leave them down below in the comments so I can answer them in the next chapter :)) !

Thank you for all the love and support, love u forever n always ❤️🥺 .