Chapter 22

We pull up to a nice little community center. There's a nursing home, to the right of the home there's a little plant section. I'm guessing we'll be there. When I look out the car door I see Mr Phillips. I roll my eyes and groan at the sight.

"Alright pick me up around 5:30 ish," I tell my mom.

"Okay, please be waiting for me!" she says as I step out of the car. Her car speeds away and I'm stuck here with my stupidity.

I pull on my sweater and head to our stupid teacher.

"Hello Emma," he greets me, "everyone is inside already please go into the home," he says.

I walk into the nursing home and see Kio talking to Searra. When he sees me his face turns to what looks like disgust. Searra just runs over and wraps her thin arms around me.

"So we get to make some treats for the little grannies and then we're gonna plant some flowers! Well before we rake," she excites. It doesn't actually sound that bad.

Kio comes over and rests his arm on my head looking at Searra.

"Actually we're going to do all of that stupid shit, you have to rake the outside since this was your idea," he says that brings his head down towards me, "doesn't that sound fair Em?" he grins.

I just look at them both blankly the take Kio's arm off of me. I go to the kitchen and see Mr. Phillips's note. I have to make exactly 17 treats; brownies or cupcakes. I grab the cupcake mix and start reading. I hear footsteps behind and turn to see Kio heading towards me. He grabs the mix from my hands and throws it.

"Brownies are better than cupcakes," he says and begins to read the brownie box. I roll my eyes and take the box from him.

I begin making the mix while Kio scrolls through his phone. I would love to be doing that right now but I got my phone taken away so I can't sadly. Where the hell is Nick though.

"Kio, can you do something please?"

"I will if you do something for me," he says smiling as he walks over to the counter picking up two chef hats, "wear it," he smiles. I look at him like 'no way' kind of look. He stares at me and laughs.

The hat is on my head in a matter of seconds. He pats it and smiles. I laugh then grab the other one placing it on his head. His mouth opens as he begins to laugh. I can see that beautiful smile which I love. His laugh fills the room with joy. We look at each other once more a burst into laughter.

"Chef Emma, what's first on the list?" he says mocking a solider like voice. I laugh then respond in this weird voice that makes me cringe.

"Let's get this into a pan chef Kio," I laugh.

"Yes ma'am," he responds.

He gets me a pan a pours in the mix. We make a mess as he try's to purposely shake my arm. I grab a mitten and slap him. He makes a face that I can tell he's gonna try to get back at me. I see him disappear into a pantry until he comes back out with a bag of flour. Oh no.

He opens it and pours it all over me. I gasp. What the fuck. His ass is going to get beat. I quickly put the pan into the oven and set the time. I need to decide what my comeback will be. I see a fridge and smirk. When I open it there's a carton of eggs, perfect.