Chapter 19

The next morning I wake up early for some reason. I'm not even gonna try to dress up today. I just put on a black sweater and some white skinny jeans. I pull my hair into a bun and leave.

When I see Kio's face I roll my eyes. I take a seat next to him and keep my face to the board.

"So what you and mr boyfriend break up and you can't talk to me?" he says in a sad mocking voice. How does he even know?

I turn to look at him, "how do you even know about that?"

"Word gets around fast these days Em," he smirks.

"I'm serious, how do you know?"

He moves his head toward Mandy and I look at her confused. Shit, I remember seeing her still in the diner when I got there.

"Of course your big mouth had something to say," I roll my eyes and Kio laughs.

...

By the time lunch comes around half the school has figured out and I have to catch my friends up on everything.

"Do you wanna get back with him?" Eseta asks.

"I mean I don't really know," I say honestly.

They all say things but I'm slumped back on my chair thinking about other things until there's a tap on my shoulder. I look up to see one of Mandy's friends, Searra, I met at a party. She does not seem like a girl to be friends with her if I'm being honest.

"Can I borrow you real quick?"

"Um yeah...sure," I reply. She smiles and grabs my hand.

We go into an office I can recognize. Mr.Phillps office. Our math teacher that Searra and I have. It's pitch black when we enter. She takes me to his desk turning on a lamp. When the rooms lights up I look ahead of me to see Kio and Nick. We exchange the hardest stares, it takes minutes till I finally tear my eyes away.

"I found out we're the only 4 failing Mr Phillps' class so why not find some things?" she laughs.

I know exactly what she's doing. She wants the test answers to bring up our scores. I honestly want to do the same.

"I actually found out y'all broke up because of Kio so I decided to bring us all on a quest that makes sense!" she whispers into my ear and claps her hands together. This bitch knows way too much.

I look to Kio and he smirks, I look to Nick and he looks away. This isn't going to be good.

Authors Note:
Hi! I just wanted to thank y'all so much for 7k cause it's crazy. This started off as a joke but then this happened soooo...! I also read all of y'alls comments and they make me smile and laugh so thank you so much :)))

I'll talk to y'all soon 😘😘 !