Chapter 14

"Bye Mom!" I call as I leave the house. I have to meet Mandy at some stupid lunch place because she wants me to help her with the paper for english. This week we have to gather art inspiration. So I packed a binder of different art pieces we could use by myself.

Nick drops me off but he has to leave to go see his mom in the hospital.

When I enter the restaurant I see Mandy at a table with Kio, ugh. I take a seat in front of Mandy and Kio. I slide the binder over to her and she gives me a disgusted look.

"I'm not going through all of this shit. He said to just pick 5 pieces each so we can discuss it tomorrow in class, not visit a whole fucking museum," she says cry so in the bitchiest way. What is her deal?

"Then pick 5 pieces, I just have lots of options," I smile to keep my cool.

Kio takes the binder out of my hand and looks through it till he sees a picture. It's tan body structure of a woman with little details in the body that make the picture so meaningful. It was my favorite that I picked out because it speaks out to me so much. I can tell his reaction is like mine when his lips part a little and his eyes scan the page like it's a masterpiece, which it is.

"I like this one," he says.

"Oh it is pretty," Mandy says taking one glance at it then back at her phone.

He looks up at me and smiles, an actual smile.

"For you," he smiles again.