Chapter 1

"Passengers bound for the city of Toronto, Canada please board by gate 3" I hear and that's my cue. That is my escape from reality, from a reality that has me heart broken and in pieces. I have never felt pain like this one. I grab my cases and walk through gate 3 to the plane that will take me to a new, and hopefully, better life.

             MONTHS BEFORE

"I can't believe we are half way our last year in secondary school, that's so crazy." Everly says.

"Me neither, I feel like all these years flew by." I add.

"Well Im glad we are done it seemed like forever to me." Paige says as we walk down our school's hallway.

Everly and Paige are my best friends, more like my sisters. We've been in the same schools since nursery, so when I say they're like my sisters, I really mean it.

I met Everly first, we clicked right away since our personalities are very similar, the only difference is Everly is a little bit more liberal, I mean she's not afraid of saying or doing things. I, on the other hand, fear being in trouble for any reason.

We later met Paige in primary school, she was the new kid at school, so Everly and i decided to introduce ourselves and our friendship began. We've been inseparable since then, I would do anything for them and I'm sure they would do anything for me.

"Well I am going to miss school, well not necessarily the school but seeing everyone everyday." Everly says and pouts.

I smile as I feel someone hug me from behind and whisper in my ear.

"Hey babe"

I turn around to find my boyfriend smiling down at me.

"How's the most beautiful girl doing today?" He asks and gives me a kiss.

"Ugh, get a room!" Everly says and walks away.

"Seriously" Paige adds rolling her eyes and walks away with her.

"I'm doing good, how bout the most wonderful boyfriend?" I ask Tom.

"He's doing great now" Tom says reaching out for my hand as we walk behind the girls towards a cafeteria table.

Thomas Holland is my boyfriend's name, but everyone calls him Tom. He's Everly's cousin and we actually met through her on her 9th birthday party. Later, Tom moved to our city, transferred to our school and after a few years of being friends, we started dating at the beginning of secondary school.

We've been together since then and i am deeply in love. Tom is a wonderful guy. He treats me like a princess. He's caring, understanding and kind with me and my family. He is handsome, has the most perfect jawline with a perfect smile, short brown hair with the spike up hairstyle, not so tall but taller than me and a bomb body i must add. It's not all physical of course, he has a great sense of humor and is a true gentleman with all the women is his life. The perfect guy I must say.

"So what are your plans after school is over?" Everly asks as we all sit at a table now joined by Harrison, her boyfriend who is also Tom's best friend.

"Really Everly? That's like the lamest question to ask." Paige grunts.

"Just because you have no life ambitions.."

"I do!" Paige cuts her.

"What? Go from guy to guy hoping you'll find the one that will support you for life so you don't have to work hard for anything?" Everly says playing with a fork and her food.

"Look you little b.."

"Enough!" I cut Paige off. "Dont you two get tired of fighting?" I turn to Everly. "Everly, Paige is our friend and we don't judge our friends." I says calmly, last thing I need is to start an argument with her.