six: the musical

yes that was a pun in the title
     (but six is so good omfg)
this is right after the jellicle ball      (grizabella was the jellicle choice) and poor bby misto is exhausted from being the best

tugger pov
     i meow relentlessly at my human's window, hoping, pleading for her to let us in.
mistoffelees looks up at me from the grass, his eyes half-closed with fatigue. stupidly, i start ramming my head into the glass. ow.
     "really, it's okay, i can sleep out here," mistoffelees says, tucking his paws underneath him to lie down.
     but to our surprise, the window opens and my human mumbles groggily and beckons for me to come inside. i look between her and misto, meowing. thankfully, she gets the hint and waves her paws towards her, motioning for the both of us to come in.
     mistoffelees leaps into the open window and i'm pretty sure i can hear every joint in his body crack. i gently grab the scruff of his neck to help balance him.
    my human gestures to my cat-basket and mutters again.
   "come on, careful though," i say to mistofelees, jumping down first. he follows.
my human closes the window and the curtains and says something again.
    mistoffelees steps gingerly into the basket and nestles himself into the fleece blanket. i follow soon after; i curl myself around him and start grooming the top of his head and ears.
mistoffelees purrs and soon falls asleep. i can't seem to take my eyes off him. he's just so perfect; first, he makes my father appear out of nowhere, then he chooses to sleep next to me. i'm honoured. i love him.
within all of these thoughts, i find peace and slowly drift off as well.

when i wake, mistoffelees is still asleep. i bury my face into his short, black fur and take in his scent. even though i've only woken up, being with him makes my head clear and become dizzy at the same time.
sometimes, all i need is mistoffelees.