thirty two: dead son of a bitch: part 2

1. yay! we hit 3k!

2. i got a very (playfully) angry message saying that if i left tugger being dead, there'd be "extreme conthequentheth."

tugger pov
     dark. everything is dark. my eyes are open. i can move, but it seems an endless abyss. i realize that i'm standing, so i turn around.
     there is a circle of white light. i stagger towards it. the light gets bigger, i'm getting closer!
     suddenly, i'm quickly pulled back, as if by a vacuum.
     everything is once again dark, but my eyes aren't open. my head hurts like crazy. i listen; a steady beeping, the gentle murmur of people talking.
     a soothing female voice says "he's waking up, i'll give you two a minute."
     "thanks. for everything."
     at this second, new-but-not, voice, my eyes involuntarily flutter open and i rapidly look around.

misto pov
     in what feels simultaneously seconds ago and years ago, i kissed my husband, and he got stabbed. fun. but he's already finally awake, staring at me.
     he just died, what do you even say to someone who just literally died?
     "hey. welcome back." definitely not that.
     tugger laughs quietly, and reaches for my hand. i let him take it.
     my smile fades. "i am so sorry, it's all my fault, if i hadn't've kissed you, we wouldn't have gotten in trouble and-"
     "dearest, it's not your fault, it is never your fault. i messed with him."
     i look at the floor, silent. whenever he calls me 'dearest,' i know he means what he's saying, and i really can't argue.
     "uh... how do you feel?" i ask awkwardly.
     "question: did the cops catch the bastard?" he asks, pursing his lips.
     ah, so it seems he hasn't lost his memory either.
     "no," i say. "well- not yet."
     "nah, he got away real fast. they won't catch him."
     i tilt my head in query. "do you remember what he looked like?"
     "like every white guy ever."
     i smile. that's the tugger i know, but it's all a little bit distorted, seeing as he's lying in a hospital bed, the thin sheets already doused in more blood i could have ever thought possible.
     "you okay?" he asks after a moment.
     "me? baby, you're the one who just met god. how is she, by the way?"
     "i didn't, actually. it was weird," he starts. "i was in this black-out room, with a white portal thing. i guess, if you reach the portal, you're gone?"
     "but you were flat-lining, you were already gone. it took them like 3 tries with the defibrillator-"
(me just casually flexing my 'medical knowledge')
     "okay, then maybe you get a chance to go back to your life if someone saves you before you reach the light?"
     "was the light coming towards you, or were you going to it?"
     "i was walking to it. i was like a moth."
     "hm." i mumble, not knowing what else to say. "is there anything i can get you? water?"
     tugger sighs, and whispers "kiss me."
     "my love, the last time i did that, you got yourself stabbed."
     "yeah, and i had good reason to!" he protests.
     i roll my eyes and smile so big, my face starts to hurt. "i love you."
     "kiss me."
     and i did (it was great, by the way. one of the nurses walked in and i got so scared i fell out of my chair).
     you're welcome

god i needed this after the last two.

     ps i hope you guys realize that i read my writing, and smile at the cute parts, AND i laugh at my own jokes. i'm that self absorbed, night babes

also tysm!!!!!!!!!!!! for 3k