fourty: the party, part 2

it's been about an hour since this new boy walked in, and my heart hasn't slowed since. every time he laughs, my breath hitches. whenever he shoots calculated glances my way, my face gets warm.
     he jokes with a group of other guys, but he- once again- catches me staring. he seems to find this amusing, as he smirks, probably saying 'be right back' to his friends. he saunters over to me, red solo cup in hand.
    "hey. like what 'cha see?" he says smoothly, still smirking.
    i stutter. "well- i uh- yeah-"
    he scrunches up his nose. "you're cute." then, he holds out his free hand, gesturing for me to shake it. "nice to meet you..."
     "mistoffelees." i answer quickly, grabbing his hand. at his touch, a jolt that feels like lightning shoots through my veins.
hi please imagine the next part in tyler hanes' voice in that one 'what's new pussycat' thing
     "tugger," he says. his eyes flick down my body and back up, before he winks slowly at me.
     then, the same girl with the red leather strides up to him, switching his nearly empty cup for a half-full one of, presumably, the same drink he had. she smiles mischievously at him, not even taking notice of me.
     'see ya' he mouths, then, he disappears into the sea of faces.

•••

     victoria stumbles past me, and i grab her arm. she looks at me with messy hair, and smudged lipstick.
     "do you know where- uh- tugger is?" i ask urgently. i'd been searching for that sharp jawline of his, but it seems he's disappeared into the night.
     "kitchen." she mumbles.
     "great, thanks." i let go of her elbow and start weaving through the people.
      finally, i see him. he's talking to that same girl. frankly, i'm a little jealous; but he still showed a clear interest in me, so... what does that mean? i'm so confused, but i will talk to him.
     i catch his eye, and i can almost hear him say 'i've gotta go...'
     people are practically running out of his way, making a clear path for him.
    tugger glances behind me, at the wall, and before i know what's happening, he backs me against it. he puts his right hand above my head and grabs my hand in his left, lacing our fingers together. he leans down and kisses me, finally.

hi babes! TWO chapters in ONE night? you guys are so lucky!!!