thirty six: this is NOT the time

hi my friend's dad almost died today (i'm being dramatic please don't call the police) and that gave me inspiration.
      also, that friend reads these!!! hi genny! ( gennylerock )

misto pov
     "ow, fuck!" tugger mutters. he's standing at the counter, his back to me. he's cutting vegetables for our fancy ass salad tonight.
     "you okay?" i ask from the table.
     "uh yeah," he replies shakily. i hear him put his knife down.
     "are you sure?" i ask more urgently, standing up.
     tugger laughs nervously. "no," he pauses. "uh, don't panic, but i- i'm bleeding. a lot."
    "what do you mean you're bleeding?" i exclaim, running over to see.
     i lay eyes on the most blood i've ever seen. i can't even tell where he'd cut himself. "jesus."
     everything i've learned in any sort of first aid class goes down the drain. the drain! the sink!
     i turn on the water and tugger seems to catch my drift. he puts his hand under the flow, wincing when the water's pressure presses on the already sensitive wound.
     "sorry." i hiss, seemingly feeling his pain.
     most of the blood washes away, but it's still gushing from his hand.
     "uhh. here," i say, handing him a clean hand towel. "put this over it and hold it there."
     "playing doctor are we?" tugger purrs. "i didn't know you were into roleplay."
     "baby this is not the time!"
     he rolls his eyes and does as i tell him.

     after a few minutes, he murmurs "it's starting to hurt."
     i gently guide him to peeling the towel off. the cut is a diagonal slice on the left side of his left thumb starting parallel to where the nail starts, and going down and in. basically, a really dramatic hangnail. it's almost like someone could just rip the extra chunk of skin off (sorry 😧).
     "wanna go to the hospital?" i ask, putting my hand on his back, trying to steady him. he looks a tad woozy.
     "yeah, we probably should go."

•••

     i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding as the nurse ties in the last stitch. "there you go! have a great evening gentlemen." he says, putting away the equipment.
     "thank you so much," i say, still a little panicked.
     i turn to look at tugger's hand. the cut looks like an upside down U.
     "it looks like you got bit by a really small shark."
     "thank you..?"

hi sorry it's short i might make it longer later but i doubt it.