fourty six: tutor (highschool au) part 1

someone (anonymously) requested a cliché highschool au and i really want to so here
     uhhhh jock and nerd, misto becomes tugger's tutor and yea.. 👀
     god this is gonna be so bad i apologize in advance

misto pov
     i close my and lock my locker, making sure the dial thing is back at 0. i adjust my binder so it's more comfortable in my arms.
     as i start walking to my first class, i pass a group of the football team. i mentally roll my eyes.
     my real eyes, however, are caught by the quarterback. he is the smartest guy on the football team, which is kind of like being the tallest dwarf. (if you got that reference, we can be friends. if not, we can still be friends bby!)
     he nods at me and smiles chivalrously. he's the only one who's somewhat nice to me. he sits next to me in english, my second period class.  (fun fact, it actually is my 2nd period lol)
•••

     at the end of my batshit-crazy geography class, i speedwalk up the stairs to english. i'm one of the only people in the classroom, but others are slowly trickling in.
     just after i get all my stuff ready for class, tugger plops down beside me.
    i try to start casual conversation. "what did you think of the homework last night?"
     he looks at me, very concerned. "we had homework??"
    i chuckle quietly, pulling the worksheet from the rings of my binder. "you can copy mine."
     "god you're the best." he says, frantically searching for a pencil. knowing he probably won't have one, i silently place a perfectly sharpened one on his desk. it's his turn to chuckle. "thanks."

     the teacher starts her speech. saying good morning, telling us what we're doing, and passing out another worksheet. great.
     normally, she'd go to her desk and type on her computer, but she walks directly towards tugger and i.
"excuse me, boys, but would you mind staying after class a moment?" she asks in the fakest happy voice i've ever heard.
"yeah i guess." tugger mutters.
i nod, and she walks away. as soon as she's gone, i lean over and ask "what do you think that's about?"
"she probably caught me copying your work."
"that's likely," i murmur, focussing back on my paper.
•••

       the bell rings and all of the students stand and hurry off to enjoy their lunch. tugger and i walk cautiously up to the teacher's desk.
     "alright boys," she begins, clapping her hands. "tugger, please don't take this personally, but i've noticed your current grade is... below average."
     i stifle a smile at her bluntness. tugger flutters his eyes, also taken aback.
     "oh?" he queries.
     "mistoffelees. if you would like, there is a tutoring program if you'd like to sign up." she holds out a neat little brochure.
      me? tutoring? jeez i didn't think my grades were that bad. "tutoring? but... i don't this i really need it."
     "no, no, i mean," she sighs. "i want you to tutor him." she says, pointing at me and tugger in turn.
     "that makes more sense," i say, taking the glossy papers from her. "i accept your offer."
     she smiles and says "enjoy your lunch."
     "you too." tugger and i say in unison. great, now i have to spend my studying time with a football player. a very attractive one, at that. a small voice in my head mentions.
     as we walk from the room, tugger says "uh, so when do you want to start?"
     "um. i'm free tomorrow night, is that okay?"
     "yeah, sounds good. see you tomorrow mistoffelees."
     "bye."

part two is coming i promise babes