thirty three: surprise!

hi i hc tugger as the "dorky-but-hides-it" type, while misto is "seems-dorky-but-is-actually-super-chill"

human au!!!

misto pov
     i set my keys down on the kitchen table as i walk in the house.
     "baby, i'm home!" i shout. there isn't a response. i peer into different rooms, with no luck. but then, something catches my eye. a trail of rose petals leads me to one of the kitchen cabinets. i open it, and find a lined piece of folded paper with 'mistoffelees' written on it in wannabe-fancy lettering. i roll my eyes and open it. it reads:

     meet me outside.
          ~tugger

     real creative, baby. i set the note back down on the counter and turn for the back door. on the way out, tugger taped more pieces of lined paper to the walls with arrows on them, pointing me in the right direction. he acts as if i didn't buy this godforsaken house with him.
     "i don't even know why he's doing this now, it's already getting late." i mutter, opening the back door and closing it behind me.
     now i'm standing on the grass, staring into the sunset. to be honest, i'd never really noticed  that we have a perfect view of it.
     "it's pretty, huh?" someone says. i nearly jump out of my own skin. tugger laughs softly.
      "hi," i greet. "what is all this?"
      "oh, you know, i just thought i'd surprise you." he smiles. "you deserve it, after all."
     "i do?" i ask rhetorically.
     he takes me by the hand and leads me to the old gazebo that was left on the property. when we moved in, it was very rundown, but not anymore. it looks like a scene from a movie.
     "i've fixed it up during the past few days while you were at work," he smiles sheepishly. "do you like it?"
     "yes," i breathe. "i love it."
tugger smiles. "care to sit?" he asks as we walk in, offering me a white plastic chair with a cute little pillow on it.
"i would," i say, sitting down.
i look around the indoor-outdoor structure. tugger has put two of these plastic chairs- one for me and one for him- to the side, with a matching circular table. i notice there's a vintage teapot with matching cups (the brand royal vale, just in case you were wondering. you weren't).
tugger notices me observing his creations. "i made tea—"
"i see that."
"—and you can have some if you want"
i smile gratefully at him and pour some for us both.
"so how was work today?" tugger asks, taking a sip of the tea afterward.
"fine. nothing new." i notice the vibrant flowers around the railing of the gazebo. "are those fake?"
"yes of course they are!" he laughs. "you know full well neither of us can grow plants."
i take his free hand in mine and stare deeply into his eyes. "you know me so well, it's almost like... you're... my soulmate..." i say dramatically, and very intentionally. "it's like we're... meant for each other..."

hey just in case you were wondering (you weren't), here's a photo of all my tea cups!

don't be alarmed, i know i have an addiction