seventy eight: prince, part 1

hi this idea is from Erzasbest go follow him he's hilarious

also we were exchanging random fanarts we have in our camera roll and

i-

that's all i have to say

wait this is gonna be kinda silly but i'm gonna have so much fun writing it

tugger pov
it's early afternoon, just after lunch.

i shift a little in my seat as the second act of today's entertainment walks in. he's been here the last few days, and munkstrap and dad seemed to like him a lot. i've taken a liking to him too, but it's a little different than just him being my favourite magician.

"presenting the magical mister mistoffelees!"

this is the first time i've paid attention to his name, as the shows aren't really targeted at me, not the heir, but the spare. and, you know, the king.

mistoffelees does his routine flawlessly. the skilled way he moves his hands is... intriguing. it's like i'm drawn to him by some sort of magnet.

after his part of the show ends, i get the attention of the announcer person. "can you keep him," i point to mistoffelees, "for a moment? i want to speak with him."

     the announcer person nods and goes to talk to mistoffelees.

     i wonder if that's his real name? or maybe it's a secret magician name. like a pen name but for magic shows.

     my father and munkstrap are already leaving, probably to go do paperwork or something. sometimes, being second in line isn't that bad.

     before i know it, mistoffelees is being escorted up to me. i stand up awkwardly.

     "you asked to speak to me, your highness?" he says warily.

     i nod to the announcer person. "you can go." and he bows and walks away briskly.

     i turn back to mistoffelees and give him my best charming-smile. "hi."

     "hi..?" he says slowly.

     "hi," i say again, still smiling.

     "i'm sorry, what did you want to speak about, your grace?" he says. "with all due respect, of course," he adds quickly.

     i hold out my hand friendlily. "my name's tugger."

     "i know... uh, you're the prince..?"

     i smile even wider. "yes i am, it's nice of you to notice!"

     mistoffelees chuckles quietly. "i honestly can't tell if you're joking or not."

     i open my mouth to ask him what he means, but i'm interrupted by a firm "son!"

     i glance behind me. "i'm sorry, that would be my father," i say. "can you meet me outside tonight?"

"tonight? but i have to go home!"

"you could stay overnight," i suggest.

"okay," he says. "i mean, thank you, your highness."

i call to the announcer person again. "tell someone to get mistoffelees a room upstairs, please."

once again, the announcer person nods at me and scurries off.

"see you," i say to mistoffelees before hurrying to see what my dad wants.

•••

     "a wife?" i scoff. "i don't want a wife!"

"i didn't ask," my father says, already turning to leave. "what i say goes, you know that. go make yourself look presentable, she's going to be here to meet you soon."

oooo cliffhanger but don't worry! i'm going to update tonight!

wait i have more ideas already written and ready to post, but idk which one

okay so just tell me which one you want me to post tonight and i shall do it

1. taylor swift-style thing where teen-tugger and teen-misto are neighbours and talk with notepads

2. part two of this one

3. a sad 'don't imagine...' thing comparing grizabella to tugger

4. uh there's one called ''more angsty than harry potter in the 5th movie' and that just speaks for itself