sixty seven: shy misto

uhh at a party (again, i know. i like writing them)

tugger pov
     "i know you're really outgoing, sweetheart, but i'm just... not. i'm sorry." mistoffelees says quietly, holding my forearms tightly.

     "that's okay baby, you don't have to apologize!" i tell him. "we can leave if you want to."

people buzz around us, dancing to the loud music. everything is warm and uncomfortable, but no one seems to care.

"okay, but i feel bad," mistoffelees says, slouching a little more. "i don't want to stop you from doing the stuff you like, but i'm really uncomfortable right now."

i pull him gently towards me, trying to shield him from all his anxieties. "it's okay, sweetie. i like parties, but i like you more."

•••

i help misto into the driver's seat. everyone and their mother knows he's sober-er than i am.

i go around to the passenger's side and climb in. i wait for him to start the car.

"baby, please put your seatbelt on," mistoffelees says, staring directly forward.

"it's fine, sweetie," i reassure. "really, it's fine."

"then i refuse to start this vehicle."

"i thought you wanted to go home..?" i ask, inclining my head a bit.

"i do," he starts. "safely."

i hesitate for a second. he has a point. i reach to my right and buckle the seatbelt.

"thank you." he looks over at me. "sorry, i just want you to be safe, i don't even know what i'd do if something happened—"

"angel, don't talk about that. i don't wanna see you upset, so let's go."

he puts the car in drive, and is quiet for a few minutes. then, he asks "would you be okay staying at my house tonight?"

i smile, but it's pointless, mistoffelees would never ever take his eyes off the road, especially when he's not one hundred percent sober. "of course, baby."

he smiles too, but his smile is a little more blush-y than mine. his smile is cuter, more innocent. my smile was fond, proud; but his was bashful, because of what i said. i made him smile. that thought makes me smile too, widely. how many times can someone use the word 'smile' in a sentence. 6. it's 6

we arrive at his house, and he pushes open the door groggily. he kicks off his shoes and leans against the wall. "carry me?"

almost immediately, i scoop him up bridal-style. he puts his arm around my neck to secure himself, and nestles into my chest.

i carry him up the stairs carefully, and set him down very gently on his bed, pulling the covers up to his stomach.

i start going back downstairs to sleep on the couch, but misto grabs my hand. "will you um." he laughs nervously mid-sentence. "will you lay with me?"

i nod and slide in beside him. he snuggles up to me, and i put my arm around the small of his back.

"i'm sorry i made you come home," he whispers after a moment.

"that's okay, baby." i pull him even closer. "you're way more important to me than anything else in the whole wide world."

hi excuse me while i sob

wow i'm kinda impressed that i wrote something that cute???
uh idk man

for those of you that ship wolfstar (remus and sirius from harry potter), what are your bottom/top headcannons?
for me, sirius is 100% a powerbottom