fifty four: a puzzle

it feels like i haven't updated in forever even tho it's only been two days.
    uhhh what kinda content do you guys want to see?
     like more soulmate au's? sad stuff? cute, pointless, fluffy stuff? highschool au's?

misto pov
     "baby! i brought you a present!" i yell through the house as i close the door. i set the bag with said present on the floor to take my shoes and jacket off.

     tugger runs out from the living room, a blanket draped over his shoulders like a cape. "a present???" he says, sounding remarkably like scooby-doo.

     i gesture to the bag on the floor. he picks it up and takes the box out. "a puzzle?"

     "i was hoping we could do it this week?" i say, beginning to make my way into the kitchen.

      "sure, baby, whatever you want, but i was expecting chocolate or something." tugger laughs, following me and looking at the front of the box at the cute little puppy we'll slowly piece together.

     i slide onto the counter, even though there's four different chairs to sit in. "does that mean you don't like it? 'cause i can still return it-"

     tugger cuts me off quickly. "no, baby, it's great, i promise," he says, smiling. "you want to start it right now?"

     "yes!" i reply excitedly, taking the vase with a cluster of hyacinth stems in it and placing it on the counter.

     tugger dumps all the pieces onto the table. when he sees all 1000 of them, his eyes widen and he looks at me with a very concerned face. "we're not going to be able to finish this today, are we?" he asks.

     "obviously not!" i say happily as i start sorting the edge pieces from the middle ones.

      "i found a corner one!" tugger says, gently tossing it into the upturned box.

•••

     "i'm bored," tugger groans.

     "it's been like, twenty minutes."

     he glances at the clock. "it's been an hour, baby."

     i chuckle, pushing a piece into place. "no it hasn't."

     "yeah you're right," he says defeatedly. "but i'm still bored."

     "you can take a break if you want," i suggest.

     "but i don't want to not be around you." he says adorably. tugger picks up a random piece. "does this fit?"

     i squint at it, taking it from him. "possibly..." i place it into the spot it might fit, and it does. "yeah, great job, baby."

     tugger smiles triumphantly.

     we sit in silence for a bit longer, tugger passes me some more random pieces, most of which don't fit. he eventually gets bored again and asks "can i get you some water?"

     "no, but i think i'm done for right now."

     tugger sighs in relief. "thank god. cuddle on the couch?"

      "obviously."

hi babes.
     sorry the end was really dialogue heavy, idk why i decided i wanted it like that but i did
     i was on tiktok today and people were dissing alw (mostly phantom), and i got kinda sad, but whatever lmao (yes i did add a cats comment i wouldn't not, because i'm the most annoying person on this planet)