twenty two: 'wholesome' picnic

⚠️ this is gonna get a little nsfw, so uh. have fun, ya weirdos ⚠️

     so i walked downstairs and said "mom i need a short story idea. a romancey one"
     and she goes "well idk, what kind of story??"
     i said "just gimmie some ideas"
     "uhhhh the guy takes the girl out for a picnic in the woods"
     ... it'll do, but... gay.

    ok so this is a kinda old-fashioned human au.
     like, picnic baskets, and plaid blankets.

tugger pov
     mistoffelees, as soon as we're concealed by the forest, grabs my hand and picks up the pace. "c'mon, i know the best spot!" he says, as loud as he dares; we can't have anyone following us.
     he leads me deeper into the woods. normally, i'd be a little scared if someone was frantically dragging me into the unknown, but i trust mistoffelees, with my life.
     the birds are lost in their own conversations. the squirrels scamper overhead, and alongside us, at a distance, of course. the sun peeks through the branches and leaves.
     he slows as we enter a clearing, setting down the basket he was carrying in his free hand. the space is almost perfectly circular. rays of light cascade down onto the forest floor. if i listened, i could hear the gentle rush of the nearby river.
     "misto, this place... it's gorgeous..." i breathe, letting go of his hand to slowly wander. "how have i never seen this before?"
     "uh," he starts. "i guess it's my place."
     i smile and take both his hands again. "well thank you for sharing it with me," i whisper, leaning in close. he laughs lightly and arches his back.
     "oh, i brought lunch," he says after a beat. he  kneels and opens the basket. misto delicately takes out a red plaid picnic blanket. the same material lines the inside of the box. he shakes out the blanket and lays it down neatly. when folded, it looked bigger than it is, but that's okay, we don't need much room. (😉)
     the contents of the basket include simply a bottle of red wine, two nice wineglasses, and a still-warm loaf of bread, fresh from the bakery in town.
     i situate myself down, mistoffelees follows suit. he breaks the bread in half, passing me one of the two.
     after that, he pours just less than half a glass of wine for each of us. i take a sip, letting the flavour bask over my tongue.
     "is it good?" mistoffelees asks, eyes trained on me expectantly.
     "very." i reply, matching his tone.

misto pov
     we continue eating the hearty bread and the rich wine, talking, laughing, slowly getting closer and closer until...
   tugger sets his glass down and places his hands on my ribs. he leans in and his lips meet my neck. i also put my glass down. i tilt my head to the side so he can deepen the kiss. tugger, however, has other plans. he pulls me into his lap, and i wrap my legs around him. tugger continues kissing my collarbone. he starts unbuttoning my shirt, i help him.
     once it's off, it's gone. bye. i let him toss it to the side, moving to remove his own. he stops to let me pull it over his head. i throw it behind me. a-buh-bye.
     tugger gently pushes me so i'm lying on my back, with him looming over me.
     he's just about to lean in again when we hear  a stern, angry voice, "what the hell is going on here?!"
     my eyes widen, so do tugger's. what do we do? we know full well that we barely should've  even been alone together in the first place.
     well shit.

     hi i didn't know how to end this so uhhh yea.
     halfway through this i was like "what tf am i doing???? i'm fuckin writing about furries, that's what." (not that there's anything wrong with that live ur life uwu)
     anywho, i love you all. bye

         ps i got a corset today and i'm fuckin stoked about it, but some of my friends didn't really care so i'm kinda sad, but whatever, they'll get over it.
       i really like 50's fashion. i don't know why, i just do. so i got a corset and a petticoat.
     man i fuckin love prancing around my room and curtsying to myself in the mirror.

     bye