fifteen: caught part 3/3

lmao nothing is taken seriously in this chapter have fun

yea yea you get it go read the last two bye.
     also i've decided that misto also told jemmy about his third name. in this, the two of them are the best of friends

also! i've linked the song on youtube, but like, idc. if you want the *full experience* play the song (when i say so), but like, if you're reading this story, you've probably already memorized it

jemima pov
i furrow my brow as jenny tells me what has become of misto and tugger. no, that can't be it, there has to have been some kind of mistake! misto wouldn't hurt anyone, would he? he's been my best friend for years. if anyone really knows him, it's me. and tugger.
     "are you alright, dear? you look a bit woozy.." jenny asks. he holds out her paws as if to steady me without touching me.
     i reach out and grasp her forearms. "i'm sorry, it's just, i never thought mis- quaxo would be... like that."
     of course, misto had told me about his magic as well. i'm glad he did, because if he hadn't, i don't know what i would've done. i wonder, would mistofelees have gone back to his human's house?
     "i'm going for a walk"
"oh ho, no you're not. you're going to stay right here, in my den. it's warm."
i'm annoyed, but i try not to show it as i attempt to look grateful.

•••

     i lift my head very slowly, peeking at jenny. her side rises and falls steadily, rhythmically. ever so carefully, i lift myself up and out of the den. i have to go find mistoffelees.
i make sure to keep my ears pricked, even though i know there probably wouldn't be any sort of danger. i've walked this path many times, but never at night. the air is cool and smells like water, though it isn't raining.
    mistoffelees' house finally comes into view. i hurry up to it, no longer trying to be quiet. i know his owner always leaves that one window open for when tugger comes over for their... late night... hangouts.
my eyes quickly adjust to the dark of the house. the bright moon was very full; the jellicle moon. the streetlights added even more light, but now there was only the open window. i trot to where mistoffelees' cat-bed is, and prod him awake. he lifts his head with a "bwurr?" (you know the one. the cat activation sound)
"miss me?" i ask playfully. "c'mon. let's go find tugger."
he sits up. "jem, didn't you hear? they found out. jenny'd get you in so much trouble if she found out—"
"which is exactly why she won't find out. and yes, i know. this'll probably make it worse, but everyone hates you right now," misto's ears droop and he sighs quietly, "but don't worry. i'll make sure they know you're not like him."
i dont have to say 'macavity' for misto to know who i was talking about. he nods solemnly. "let's go find tugger."

•••

"why'd you guys have to come 'n wake me up so early?" tugger whines, drawing out the last syllable. 
    "oh shush, you're gonna live," says mistofelees, playfully annoyed.
    "to be honest, i don't think he will," i add.
    we can all laugh at that.
    we make our way back to the junkyard very slowly, due to the (incredibly tired) rum tum tugger. he keeps wanting to stop and take breaks. for being a gay bastard, he walks pretty damn slow.
    after what seems like an eternity, even though it was only four or five blocks, we reach the ever so lovely junkyard.
     "so wait. what exactly are we doing?" tugger asks, more or less, mistoffelees.
    "we're showing the others that misto's powers aren't a curse, or whatever they think it is."
    i look up into the sky. the moon is still pretty far from being directly above us. we still have time, i tell myself. tugger and mistoffelees— quaxo— chat. one of them started a flirting war and i had to walk between them to get them to shut up. i even used the excuse, "hello?! young kitten ears!!" but it didn't work.

•••

(initiate song now pwease)

we peek our heads through an old tire, trying desperately not to be seen. the cats look very upset. in unison, they all sing.
"we have to find old deuteronomy."

that's when i notice that tugger isn't beside us anymore. quaxo and i share a glance before we hear his growly voice.

   "you ought to ask, magical mister mistoffelees, the original conjuring cat."

     a few of the cats look disgusted, while others, mostly the female kittens (especially electra), look intrigued.

     "please! listen to me, and don't scoff, all his inventions are of his own bat. there's no such cat in the metropolis, he holds all the patent monopolies, for performing sur-pris-ing illusions."

the cats look around at each other, wondering who this mistoffelees cat could be.

     "and creating eccentric con-fusions. the greatest magicians have something to learn from mister mistoffelees' conjuring terms."

quaxo is no longer beside me. well. i guess i'd better go and find jenny.

"and we all say, 'oh well, a-never was there ever, a cat so clever as magical mister mistoffelees."

she's sitting next to jellylorum and skimbleshanks. i sit beside skimble.
tugger goes on to talk about quaxo/misto's appearance for a while, and some jellicles start to catch on that, this cat, mister mistoffelees, is quaxo, the cursed cat!!
the cats realize that, woah woah woah, he's not bad??? he makes forks appear a week later?? that's it????
but then, before we know it, quaxo is descending from the frickin' sky.
"presto!" he says (gayly)
some of the jellicles join in.

"oh well, a-never was there ever, a cat so clever as magical mister mistoffelees!"

misto proceeds to use controlled magic to blow things up. not the smartest move to prove his case, but i trust him.
mistoffelees does the coolest dance scene while tugger talks him up. tugger just straight up compliments him for like 30 seconds. then he talks about their 7 kids.
more about misto being smart and magical blah blah blah
(damnit the frickin song ended, ok that's fine, time skip to old d being magicked back)
mistoffelees makes a huge red cape appear and, with the help of cassandra, materializes tugger's father out of thin air. tugger clearly didn't see THIS coming.
"and we all say: oh well, a-never was there ever a cat, so clever as magical mister mistoffelees" they kiss. it's magical. it's like a fuckin' wedding
now every cat is singing and celebrating. they're all apologizing to misto, saying how they were so very wrong about him.
let's face it, mistoffelees is, and will always be the best.