sixty five: the mall

misto pov
    i look over at tugger from my spot on the couch. he's scrolling through instagram, and not paying attention to me.

     i sigh loudly, trying to get his attention. he doesn't react. i sigh louder, and with more force. this time, he looks over at me.

     "you good?" he asks, eyebrows raised.

     "i'm bored," i mutter. "i want to go somewhere."

     tugger thinks for a moment. "the mall? i'll buy you anything you want."

    "okay first of all, yes i want to go to the mall, but second, you shouldn't have to keep spending money on me. you do this literally every time we go out, and— don't get me wrong i'm super, super grateful, but this time, leave your wallet here. i'll pay today."

     "but misto i—"

     i hold my hand up to silence him. "i don't wanna hear it."

tugger rolls his eyes and stands up. "you still wanna go?"

i nod, standing up too and going to put my shoes on.

•••

"oooh, can we go to bath & body works?" i ask, squeezing tugger's hand excitedly.

"of course, baby." he smiles.

we walk into the store, trying to dodge the overly-happy employees. we manage to sneak in without being harassed about a 'buy 87 of our $20 items and get 2 for free' sale.

i wander over to the fancy hand soaps, and pick a random one off the shelf and hand it to tugger. "what do you think of this?"

he gives me a quizzical look. "you haven't even smelt it yet."

"yeah, i know. i wanna know what you think of it."

tugger eyes me, before taking off the cap to smell the soap gingerly. he nods, says "yeah, it's good," nonchalantly, then passes it back to me.

i smile, and march right up to the counter, setting the bottle down.

the cashier smiles falsely at me, and says "is that all for today?"

i glance at tugger. "yep."

i pay for the soap, and the cashier puts it in a cute little bag. i take tugger's hand and walk out of the store.

"what was that all about?" tugger asks.

     "what? can't a guy buy his boyfriend a fancy soap that he likes?"

     "love, you're the one who wanted to go in there."

     ah. i've been rumbled. i don't say anything.

     "gotcha."

"oh shut up," i mutter. "you're the worst."

"you love me."

"your dumbass is lucky i do."