fifty two: ze television

hi i was watching say yes to the dress today and i cried a lot. (that's a thing, now apparently. i cry at everything, including the weddings of people i don't know. that's a new one btw)

misto pov
i climb into tugger's lap as he scrolls through the channels. he wraps his free arm around my lower back, and rests his hand on my hip.
"wanna watch 'say yes to the dress' ?" he asks.
"yes!" i say, smiling and looking intently at the screen. he selects the channel, and we're greeted with some lady in the ugliest dress ever, in my opinion of course. "oh honey no..." i whisper.
tugger laughs and nods, scrunching up his nose.
the bride walks out in front of her entourage, and they have mixed reactions. her bridesmaids hate it, but her mom loves it. very typical.
"that's the exact dress i envision you in. you look like a princess." the mom says, smiling. the camera pans to one of the bridesmaids, who has a disgusted look on her face.
tugger chuckles, "that's what literally every mom says to their daughter."
"yeah. she's not a princess, she's a queen." i say, deepening my voice on 'queen'.
"so are you." tugger mutters.
i shrug. "yeah, you're right."

•••

a different bride is interviewed. she seems pretty boring 'till they ask her about her fiancé. or should i say, fiancée.
tugger immediately starts clapping, and i wave my hands in the air. "we love gay representation in the media!!!"
the bride brought her bride to the appointment, but she (the main girl's fiancée) already has her outfit.
the bride's entourage, thank god, isn't homophobic, but i did notice neither of the brides' parents are there, so... *eyes emoji, tea emoji*.
the first dress she puts on is a simple little thing. "that's kinda boring." i comment.
"i agree completely. she needs beading or lace or something."
"who? the girl or the dress?" i ask jokingly, not expecting a reply.
tugger looks at me. "the dress, obviously, how are they going to put beads on the girl?"
"baby i was kidding."
"oh," he says, looking down briefly before continuing to watch the show. "okay then!"

at the end of the hour, they show parts of the lesbian ladies' wedding. it was beautiful, and i definitely cried.
"hey here's a random thought, we should get married." tugger says, fidgeting with his hands.
"i'm down," i reply, checking to see if there's another episode of the show. there is. "now be quiet, there's another one."
"no, i- i'm serious..." he says, meeting my eyes.
"so am i," i whisper, taking his hand in mine and staring intently at him. "but i'm also one-hundred percent serious about watching the next episode in silence."

hi so in the one i watched today, it was the atlanta version, and this girl had a camouflage sash she wanted to wear with her fucking Wedding dress. montey, being the god he is, somehow made it work with a sparkly broach or something
     anywho i had a really fun debate about abortion with my friends. it was actually pretty cool (yes i'm an aquarius how did you guess? lmao that's literally the most aquarius thing i could've ever said. "i like debates. yes i'm an aquarius stfu" okay bye)