fourty one: the party, part 3

tugger pulls back, eyes still closed, hand still gripping my own. he comes to, and opens his eyes and smiles to himself. i blush wildly, and i look down at my feet, trying to shrink back into the wall.
"do you wanna... get outta here? get some fresh air, maybe?" tugger asks, his face still only inches from mine.
"uh- yeah, that'd be great." i whisper back. i glance down at his lips once more.
tugger pushes himself off the wall, and leads me towards the front door.
before he opens it, however, victoria blocks the way. "hey misto! where're you two goin'?" she slurs, clearly pretty drunk. she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively at us.
"we're going for a quick walk, tory." tugger fills in before i can even open my mouth. he called her 'tory,' i've never heard anyone call her that before.
"alright-y then. have fun, boys!"
tugger grins at me and winks again. he reaches for the door handle and turns it; and then we're in the almost quiet hallway.
on my right, tugger swings our hands back and forth. personally, i think it's adorable.
he leads me down the stairs, and through the halls, even though i could do it with my eyes closed. it's cute seeing him try to figure out which way to go, while still trying to seem cool and collected.
tugger holds the door for me, and i step into the cold night air. it must be something like 1 in the morning.
"you want my jacket?" tugger asks casually. yes, i obviously want your jacket. i'm only wearing a t-shirt, and even though the jacket looks so good on you...
"yeah, thanks." i reply, trying to match his cool tone. i think i succeeded, but it's definitely not me.
tugger eases the black jacket off him. he stops, and helps me pull it over my shoulders. god this is every movie i've ever watched and more, but it's real. some attractive guy gave me his jacket, held the door for me, and kissed me. not just a simple little peck, he fuckin' kissed me.

•••

"you wanna sit for a minute?" tugger asks, slowing his pace as we walk by a park bench.
"sure," i reply. "are we... are we going to talk about what happened?"
"hm?"
"you... you kissed me..?"
"oh, yes," he says, smiling like an idiot. "i'd rather not talk about it, but, if you want, what do ya' say we recreated it?" tugger leans in close, and puts his hand on my jaw, brushing his thumb over my cheekbone. i tilt my head into his touch involuntarily.
fuck. i'm screwed. not really, i'm about to be kissed, but wow.
i nod. he leans even closer, brushing his lips ever so gently against mine.

hi don't worry i hate myself too for ending it like that