ninety eight: 3,452 goddamn miles

hi this is purely for my partner and me so you Definitely do not have to read this

but like

you can if you want to

tugger and misto, long distance edition

here we go

misto pov
"agony, beyond power of speech. when the one thing you want, is the only thing out of your reach," chris pine sings.

bonus points if y'all know where that's from-

a very cinematic tear falls down my cheek.

when the one thing you want is the only thing out of your reach

all i want is to be with him. but he's out of my reach. 3452 miles out of my reach to be exact.

i live in toronto, canada, and he lives in birmingham, england. so you can see the predicament i'm in.

close enough-

it really is agony.

i turn off the song abruptly. i snatch my pillow from its perfectly placed spot on my bed, and i hug it.

i imagine his arms around me. i imagine him kissing the side of my head gently, and him whispering random things like "ratgod" in my ear to make me laugh.

i would give everything up if i meant he could be here to hold me.

my phone, which i tossed onto the other side of my bed, buzzes. i peek over the pillow to see a message from tugger!!

'can i call you Right Now' he asks

'of course!! is everything alright..?'

'everything is more than alright 💕'

intrigued, i wait for the call. i answer, and place my phone on my headboard.

"what's up, baby?" i ask with an adoring smile.

tugger, smiling bigger than i've ever seen him smile before, holds up what looks like plane tickets.

he didn't.

"i'm coming to canada, baby," he whispers, his lip trembling, but his voice is filled to the brim with joy.

he did.

my heart drops, my stomach drops, my jaw drops.

"i- ... i'm speechless," i whisper back. "i'm going to meet you."

as i say the words out loud, a wave of 'this is really real' hits me. i feel it through my whole body.

i start crying immediately.

"i'm going to meet you," tugger says, nodding slowly. i can tell he's already been crying.

instinctively, i grab my pillow again. "i love you so much," i mumble into it.

tugger, who does the same with his own pillow, says "i love you too. more than anything ever."

•••

i go down the stairs faster than light.

"today is the day of all the days!!" i yell at my poor mother.

she looks me up and down. "you're ready to go now? we still have, like-" she glances at the clock, "three hours still."

"but what if there's traffic," i argue.

she rolls her eyes. "give me 20 minutes."

when she turns her back, i look at an imaginary camera and mouth 'yesss'

•••

i open the door to the passenger seat quickly, and unbuckle my seatbelt.

as i take my phone out of my pocket, it buzzes.

'we've just landed
i'm so so excited'

i smile and reply.

'we're here too. let me know where you'll be ❤️❤️ love you!!!'

•••

i'm standing exactly where he said he'd be, looking all around.

butterflies in my stomach, and fuzzies in my head.

people walking by me are probably wondering why i'm staring at everyone.

'don't worry i'm just waiting to meet my future husband for the first time. i know that doesn't make any sense. mind your own business and keep walking pl-'

as i make up the fake scenario in my head, i lock eyes with him.

i throw my wallet and phone and jacket at my mom, hoping she'll catch them, and run as fast as i possibly can towards him.

before i know it, his arms are finally around me. i'm already crying, and so is he.

"oh my god," he whispers between sobs. "hi!!" he laughs.

"hi, baby," i whisper-giggle.

the emotion i feel is only really comparable to finding out what that one song is called, but ten million times better.

satisfaction, but so, so much better.

i grasp the back of his shirt for dear life. and i rest my head on his shoulder, since he's taller than me. Beth do N O T i swear to G O D-

as the original rush of "W O A H" slowly goes away, i relax my arms a little and look at his face.

he smiles even more, and kisses my forehead. "kith."

i wipe his tears away with my thumb fondly. i kiss his cheek briefly, before pulling him back into the hug.

this is the best day ever.