eighty: prince, part 3

hi how are ya i have an ad PLEASE READ it lol

     Are you a reader of Tuggoffelees Oneshots?
     Do you have Instagram?
     If you answered 'yes' to both of these questions, we have a group-chat! (More information at the end A/N)

tugger pov
     my feet subconsciously carry me through the halls. as a little kid, munkustrap and i would play in the guest rooms. we would pretend the different rooms were our houses and we were enemies and supposed to fight each other, but he always won, even when i won fairly, he won anyway.

     i guess it kind of worked out though, because i'm always living in his stupid, perfect, royal shadow.

     i almost pass room eight, but the door opens and mistoffelees steps out in a very nice looking white suit.

     "your majesty," he says, bowing deeply.

     "oh, please get up," i say touching his shoulder lightly. "i'm not that majestic."

     he straightens (lol) and runs his hands over the luxurious fabric. "someone came by and gave me this and told me to be at dinner?" that person probably assumed i asked mistoffelees to stay as a guest for dinner. let's keep it that way.

     "oh right," i mutter. "forgot about dinner." i shake my head and hold out my arm chivalrously.

     mistoffelees smiles lightly and takes my arm, resting his hand on the crook of my elbow.

     "it's more of a banquet, really," i say, tilting my head towards him. "celebrating prince number two's engagement."

     mistoffelees doesn't respond right away. "engagement? you're engaged?"

     "yeah, to some princess i've never met," i say, trying desperately to make him laugh.

     he smiles a little, and i feel my knees weaken. "i'm guessing you didn't get a choice," he says softly.

     "not even as to what i'm going to wear."

     "i can't even imagine," he whispers as we reach the first staircase.

     i make sure to be extra careful on the stairs. we can't have someone like mistoffelees falling.

     i can almost hear the idea come into mistoffelees' mind. "what if you... i don't know, ran away?"

     "i'd be in a lot of trouble."

     "it's interesting how that's the first thing you say. it's almost as if you're just doing whatever you can to please your father." we reach the end of the stairs and now we're walking across a regal balcony that looks over the main lobby.

     i glance at him. "i am," i say, no louder than a whisper.

     "you wouldn't get in trouble if you didn't go back."

     i consider this. "but where would i go?"

"well, i don't know," he rambles. "maybe you could live with me. i wouldn't tell anyone. or we could go and live in the woods."

"that sounds like the plot of a book," i laugh. "it also sounds like you're planning to murder me."

"i could never," he says, less jokingly this time. what does that mean? is he into me?

i chuckle quietly in response and that's that.

we reach the dining room and the doors open for us. i immediately let mistoffelees' arm drop, as i am an engaged man.

    we're still a bit early, but the room already has lots of people, mostly courtiers. ps i really like that word

     two people in matching outfits come and escort mistoffelees and i to our respective tables; mistoffelees to the 'royal guest' table, and me at the very front of the room with my brother and father.

      "why were you with him?" munkustrap asks when i sit down.

     "ran into him on the way here, and decided to make sure he got to the right place." it's only a half-lie, so it doesn't count right?

oooo another cliffhanger

     maybe i should just make this its own book lol

     lmao tugger's mad about having to marry someone he doesn't know but he's considering running away with someone he doesn't know. we love self-aware plot-holes

my insta is i_am_sunstike (yes like the warrior cats book shut up i was 11) so message me and i'll add you to the gc

(it's with Erzasbest and KittyBoomBoom7 and they're both very lovely)