eighty two: prince, part 4

hi i didn't edit this so have mercy

tugger pov
     at the end of dinner, almost everyone in the room has had at least 4 glasses of every kind of alcohol ever. except me, and hopefully mistoffelees.

     i've been sneaking glances at his table. he seemed to be enjoying himself, but not drunk drunk.

     "i haven't seen her all night!" munkustrap declares, referring to my spoiled fiancée.

     "nor have i," my father says. he nudges my elbow with his. "you should go find her, son, make a better impression than you did this afternoon."

     i have to fight very hard to not roll my eyes. "why?" i say, a little too snippy for their liking.

     my father purses his lips and scowls a bit. "whether you like it or not, i've already told you that our people come first, and you must do what i tell you—"

     without being excused, i stand up and almost everyone in the room stops talking and stares at me; including mistoffelees.

     i give him a pointed look and walk out the nearest door and wait.

     since i was the first to leave, everyone else probably thought it was time to go, so people start coming from the room.

     to avoid being seen, i hide in a very deep-set windowsill, scanning the faces.

     then, i spot mistoffelees. i step out of the window and grab his arm. "come with me," i mutter, already walking towards the exit.

•••

     once outside, i lean dramatically against the wall beside the door. "can i take you up on that 'running away' offer?"

     "i'm sorry?"

     "you said we could run away to the woods," i say pleadingly.

      "now?" he asks, inclining his head.

     "yeah, preferably."

     mistoffelees pauses. "alright cool. let's go," he says, a very sudden change in his tone, and starts walking. he stops. "wait." and turns around

     i looks at him expectantly.

    mistoffelees puts one of his hands on my shoulder, and leans forward and kisses me quite forcefully.

     when he pulls away, my eyes stay closed for a moment. "where'd you learn to do that?"

     he leans in and whispers in my ear "a magician never reveals his secrets."

     haha the end got v cringy but yea

    also yea you read that right. the end. it's d o n e

😁 (please don't hate me)